- Two

(My apologies for how poorly this may be written! Please just bare with me)

Adisyn Kay Wise
2 years ago

I think life is funny? It's chaotic then it's peaceful and then it's happy and then it's sad? It's funny how life works and how everything can end when you least expect it. I don't think my vision of life will ever change; If somewhere out there there's a fairy tale it will find you, you can't find it. You can't go out and look for it in every person it will simply come to you? Once it comes to you it's a beautiful feeling but it's so rare and hard to find, sometimes you want to give up.

I also believe giving up is the happily ever after. We don't live in a Disney movie where my Prince Charming will come and rescue me, we live in a real world. Fantasy worlds have been my favorite since early childhood, you are free to your imagination and you aren't limited. You can believe in dragons and princesses, you can have a royalty life, you can live in another reality where everything is possible? I think that's always been beautiful, but sometimes your imagination is to ahead that once you come back to the real world.. It seems dull. To dull to even call it life.

When I think of life I think of flowers, butterflies, rain, anything that has to do with nature. If you think about it, nature brings us life.. Without nature we wouldn't survive, nature can be colorful.. So what's life without color? The world we call life is very dull, there's no color in it? From my 20 year experience of life.. It's awfully dull and I haven't found the color to it. I wonder if it's because I don't deserve it or it's just not the right time..?

I hope the people who see life in a colorful aspect cherish it and are grateful for it; Not everyone sees the world like that. Even little kids will eventually come to realize life isn't beautiful.. Actually far from it. Maybe I'm absolutely wrong and there is color in life it's just hard to find? But in all honesty, life really does suck. And it always has, I was just to young to see it. I was too innocent, wanted to become this amazing person in the future where I'm far from doing so.

"Little to young to be drinking, don't you think?" A voice around the corner whispers. He sounded as if he was joking and surprisingly for the first time a stranger isn't bothering me? I don't mind some company tonight. I may need it?

He walked more towards the light. The dimmed light bulb only shining on his curly hair blurring out his face. Along with the dimmed light he had an orange yellowish light coming from a cigarette in his fingers reaching to his lips. All I can see from his face are his lips and the tip of his nose.

"Besides, what is drinking gonna help you with? It'd be wonderful if it solved problems but it only worsens them." Hollow footsteps as he walks over to me.

I scoff "I don't think my alcohol should bother you? Smoking isn't good for you." I point out to the cigarette in between his fingers that is reaching to his lips. His green eyes being lighted by the dimmed lantern atop of us. A hint of interest among his eyes. A small smile appears on his lips from my words, I take another sip of the glass as he sits down beside me "Yeah sure sit down,"

"Oh why aren't you polite?" He eyes me.

"My eyes are up here."

"Nice dress," I look down at my dress to see the silk dark blue dress now having dust on it.. Probably should've watched my step 20 minutes ago?

A smirk curves on the side of his lips as he gets comfortable. His knees curled up to his chest admiring the city lights. His arms resting on his knees with the lit cigarette in his right hand. "I haven't seen you around here?" He says with a light British accent that makes me smile.

"I'm not from here. My school chose some students  to bring over here and I got accepted. Where are you from?" My brows frowned. I think he's a bit older than me? "You have an accent," I point out to not make it sound weird.. that wasn't weird, right?