chapter 3.

Hayden pov

Hayden pov.

It's been about 10 minutes and I've been sat here, by the creek in silence. I've made daisy chains with some daisy's I found by the creek.

I had made a crown and a necklace so far and I'm almost finished a bracelet. I stop suddenly when I hear footsteps on the gravel.

I drop my flowers and rush to the bushes with my sword tightly in my hand.

a few seconds later the Percy Jackson boy comes around the corner looking around to make sure nobody else is around. his bright blue eyes scan his surroundings briefly before noticing nobody was here.

he sighs in relief and lowers his sword and shield.

I watch as he plades down his weapons and helmet and crouches down to drink from the stream.

he cups his hands in the water and as he brings them up to his lips something catches his eye.

he looks to the side and sees my pile of daisy chains and flowers. he look at them confuse for a moment and looks around once again.

He drops the water and reachs his hand over. he picks up one of the chains and smiles to himself.

I go to move backwards in my hiding spot but accidentally step on a dried up leaf, making a 'crunch' sound.

I mentally curse and notice Percy had dropped the flower and pointed his sword in my direction. he couldn't see me but knew my general area.

"hello? show your self." he says as confidentiality as he could. I grab my sword and climb out of hiding. he looks a little surprised to see me but keeps his sword up. "it's you."

"hi." I say with a little wave. he glances at me and then my flowers. I know flowers are meant to be 'girly' or something, but I like them.

"are they yours?" he asks motioning to the pile.

"yeah" I say quietly making him smile a little. he then looks at my armour and remembers the task at hand.

"wait. Aren't you playing Capture the flag?"

"they usually make me go off on my own so I don't get in the way. what are you doing here?" I ask him.

"looking for the flag. are you gonna fight me too?"

"no." I shake my head. he lowers his sword a little in confusion. "I'm not good at fighting."

"oh. okay" is all he says. "so, where is the flag?"

I look behind him. he follows my gaze and grins. the red fabric hangs from the tall poll proudly.

"whoa. thanks" he turns back to me happily. "I'm Percy, by the way"

"im Hayden. Nice to meet you" I hold my hand out for him to shake. he shakes it with a smile.

"I should go get the flag now. thanks for helping me out, and not fighting me." he thanks me. I blush and shrug.

"that's okay. you should probably go before the others come." he takes a breath and nods. I pick up my daisy chains and watch him trudge through the shallow river.

He reaches up to touch the flag with a smile.

"I won." he says to himself but jumps away from the prize when Annabeth jumps down from a tree and lands right in front of him.

I forgot she was there.

"did you really think it would have been this easy?" she asks and struts towards him making him back up. she pulls off her helmet and chucks it to the side."my mother is the goddess of wisdom and battle strategy. do you know what that means?"

He shrugs a little and holds up his sword in defence.

"I always win" Annabeth says confidently.

"I always lose. maybe we're both wrong." he tries to reason with her with his uncockyness. I smile at his innocence and watch the scene. he holds his hands out in slight surrender

she looks at him for a second before she slashes her sword down on his open hand, creating a bleeding wound.

He groans and she dose the same to his cheek. he spins around while hovering his hand over his cut to make the pain stop.

"ow!" he yells in pain. he starts fighting back and swings his sword at her but she blocks it. she elbows him in the ribs and misses slicing his head of my an inch as he ducks.

As they take a breather both the teams join us. the redteam behind Percy and the blue team beside Annabeth but I was still by myself on the other side of the stream.

As Percy tries to hit her again she catches his arm and kicks him in the gut.

she keeps hitting him but he's able to block it. at one point she slices through his shirt and cuts his arm the dose the same to his leg which sends him to the ground.

"stand up and fight." she demands and watches him spit out some blood from his mouth. "hero."

He reaches up and tries to hit her but she blocks and slices his side. he falls to the ground once again.

As he tries to sit up she kicks him back down but this time he dosent get back up.

everyone cheers for Annabeth and she goes to her team while Percy lays face down in pain on the rocky sand.

"Come on, Percy. you can do it." I whisper and pray to the gods that he's okay.

As if someone is instructing him, Percy weakly crawls over to the water and dips his hand into the stream.

everyone stops cheering and watches Percy as the water climbs up his hand and heals his wounds one by one. starting with his hand, then his arm, then it reaches his cheek and washes the wound away like it was never there.

I start cheering for him and all of Percy team join in. he looks up at me and smiles.

he picks himself up and grabs his sword. Annabeth looks shocked and confused at the same time.

he limps over to the red team and fights off every solder that comes his way effortlessly. I clap for him proudly.

When Annabeth steps forward he holds the sword out towards her throat befire she has a chance to attack.

she hits the sword away with her own and blocks his attacks. at one point he gets the upper hand and takes her sword and holds the two agsint her neck so she's donefor.

He gives it back after she realises she's not going to win this game.

Percy swings his sword around proudly and goes to the flag. he stabs his sword into the ground and holds up the flag with a grin.

We all cheer for him and clap.

"GO PERCY!"

___________________________________