Chapter 29

Don't forget to vote!

A small sigh escaped from me as soon as I stepped into the house. Before I could even put my bag down the sound of Reyna and Cole running in this direction was heard.

"Mommy!" They yelled out excitedly.

I couldn't help but smile at the two as they ran towards us, I didn't miss how their eyes widen in shock at the person behind me. After finally placing my bag down I closed the door.

"Aunt Sophie!!" Cole was the first to yell out, him now running towards her. Sophie was quick to pick him up, twirling him around as he laughed.

"Hey little man! I've missed you guys so much. Have you been getting along with your dad?" She asked him. I silently watched the two, noticing Cole eyes beginning to water before he quickly wiped them away.

Cole nodded his head in response before replying. "Mommy and daddy might get back together soon." He whispered out to Sophie, but I still heard what he said.

"Oh really?" She asked while eyeing me with a mischievous smile.

"Aunt Sophie... have you talked to uncle Winnie today?" Reyna suddenly asked. I could tell that question kind of surprised her.

Sophie then released her hold on Cole, him now walking towards me. "No sweetheart I'm sorry. Winston and I haven't talked since a few days after you all moved here.. although I wish I could talk to him to see what he's got going on." She replied back, muttering out the last part.

Reyna nodded her head but looked like she wanted to ask more questions. I already knew this would be much harder for Reyna than it would be for Cole, even though Winston was like their uncle they saw him as a father also..

"I miss him..." she said, her voice breaking at the end.

Before I could say anything Cole had beaten me to it.

"He hurt mommy Reyna! He made mommy sad. Did you forget what dad said?" He asked her angrily, Reyna shaking her head.

"He's not our uncle anymore." Cole stated before he walked towards the kitchen.

"Wow... Cole still acts like a old man I see." Sophie muttered out.

Not too long after that Xavier was walking down the stairs wearing nothing but some grey sweats that were hanging loosely around his waist, his muscles on full display. When he reached the bottom Reyna walked in his direction, him picking her up with ease.

"Did you just wake up?" I asked him when I noticed how his hair looked. A small chuckle came from him, sending shivers down my body.

"No. The three of us took a nap earlier, I was just finishing up some work." He said, looking at the person next to me.

"You're... I'm sorry. What's your name again?" He asked. Here we go.

Sophie looked appalled by his question.. but I mean, can you blame him? He's only met her once and even so it's not like they had a proper introduction.

"What's my- are you kidding me right now? I'm Axarii's best friend! How can you not remember me?" She asked.

"I do remember you, just not your name... wait a minute, it was Stacy right?" I had to look away when he said that.

Out of all names to choose from.

He chose to go with Stacy.

"I... you're lucky there are currently children on the premises otherwise I'd-" Sophie began.