*Prologue*

A/N

To my dearest readers, 

Its come to my attention that this book kinda... sucks. Well at least in my standards. So I've decided to add more scenes in between and to edit every single chapter. If you're a returning reader just know that any chapter with * has been edited. If you're a new reader I hope you'll enjoy the book! 

---------

"It's very nice to meet you Ms.Kaedehara, this is my daughter Y/N L/N. I hope you don't mind the sudden intrusion but I had some urgent matters to attend to. I hope you don't mind me leaving her in your care."

"Of course not, she's very welcomed here.  In fact my son, Kazuha, has been feeling quite bored lately. I'm sure they'll get along great.

Just like that father left me in the care of the Kaedehara's. With the excuse of some urgent matters that must be attended with I was left all alone. Being one of the "princesses" of the L/N clan was difficult since the love I received was given as money and jewels instead of attention and affection.

"Greetings Y/N," the nice lady that father left with me said "Just call me Ms.Kaedehara. I hope you aren't too frighten by your father just leaving you here. If I may ask dear, how old are you again?" 

The lady was beautiful, she had crimson eyes and long flowing hair. She wore a gentle smile and kneeled down so she could talk to me at eye level. She was the greatest example of elegance and grace, and rendered calmness and serenity that I had never felt in my life.

"I'm 7, turning 8 next month!" I say with a shy yet excited smile. 

"Oh my! It seems my son, Kazuha is just a year older than you. I hope you two can become great friends, he does seem quite lonely by himself." Ms.Kaedehara said in an excited voice, but I did not fail to catch the mischievousness when she spoke. "Why don't you follow me and I'll introduce him to you." She held out a hand to me and I took it as I followed her into the garden. 

So many maple leaves... I remember thinking to myself. Since the start of autumn I've noticed the leaves changing into all shades of red and pinks. As I walk through the garden my eyes widened as I looked around in wonder, there were so many colours together in one place.  

"You like them?" The nice lady asked with a smile.

"Yes very much." I replied still dazed by the swishing of leaves and the vibrant mix of colours. 

She giggles and tells me "You remind me of my son, he also loves the maple leaves. Especially this time around. Here take one," Ms.Kaedehara proceeded too pluck a pinkish maple leaf from a stem and handed it over to me. 

I let out a happy squeal and took the leaf from her hands "Thank you Miss!" 

She smiled back at me and we continued our walk further into the gardens. There was a peaceful aura that radiated her, something I rarely felt with my own mother. I think I like it here, I told myself.

"Kazuhaaaa, where are you?" As Ms.Kaedehara began calling out for her son's name I felt a pang of nervousness. This was the first time I would be meeting someone my age, and I wasn't sure how to respond. Unknowingly I had slowly positioned myself until I was hiding behind Ms.Kaedehara. I clung to her kimono and peaked my head out in search of the young boy. 

"I'm here I'm here." A young boy answered before hopping down from a tree. "Do you need me for anything?" he asked innocently not noticing my presence yet. 

"Kazuha I came to introduce you to a friend, you've heard of the L/N clan haven't you? Their youngest princess has decided to visit so I want the two of you to get along. Oh and dear, remove that maple leaf from your hair, it's rude to greet a lady so improperly." Kazuha's mother scolded.  

Kazuha's POV:

As I removed the maple leaf from my hair I saw a small figure hiding behind my mother. I took a step forward for a closer look but she shrunk more towards my mother. Was she scared of me? I hope I hadn't frighten the princess. Father would be disappointed at me and mother would probably give me another scolding. Maybe she was just nervous? 

"You don't have to be scared princess, I don't bite." I say with a smile, "my name is Kazuha what's yours?" As I inched my way closer to get a better look at her. From a good meter away I stopped and reached a hand forward inviting her to grab it. "Will you come out and come play with me? We can catch frogs by the river." 

 With a swoosh my mother moved away "I'll leave you two to talk, you know where to find me if you need me." The tone had some elements of mischievousness which left me confused but nevertheless I returned my attention to the princess... Now that mother left I could see her nicely now. She had the most captivating eyes and beautiful hair, without knowing I took a step even closer. 

"Will you please be my friend?" I let out a smile as I reached out my hand once more. "I've never had a friend before and I hope you'll be my first" My heart was pounding as I prayed to Celestia that she would accept. When she took my hand my heart exploded, her skin was soft and she seemed so precious. An Angel  I thought. An Angel I must protect. 

Y/N POV

I took Kazuha's hand and he seemed so happy, I swear my heart melted on the spot. "I'm Y/N of the L/N clan, it's nice to meet you Kazuha." I said with a bow. 

"It's nice to meet you too L/N, " Kazuha replied "Here take this maple leaf as a sign of our friendship." He handed me a crimson leaf, the same colour as his eyes. 'Like mother like son' I thought. 

From then on Kazuha and I became great friends, we would share many wonderful stories together and had our fair share of adventures. He would always hold my hand as we went into the forest and take the blame if we got a scolding from our mothers. Without a doubt he had become an important figure in my life. One that I was not willing to let go at any circumstance. 

A/N

Hi guys! Thank you for reading this far. If you have any requests or suggestions please feel free to comment. Updates will be weekly latest and there will be mature content in the future so just a heads up. Besides that have a great day and go eat a book :)