✼cards against humanity✼

Everyone got home from the long day. Sylvia and Nick were talking and somehow brought up skating. Nick was gloating about how he could do an ollie. She didn't believe him.

"You just fucking wait and see." He said, going upstairs.

Sylvia shook her head and stuck her tongue out at him. She heard him stomp around and then practically speedrun down the stairs. He had a skateboard in hand. Clay wheezed from seeing how frustrated Nick was.

"Come outside."

"Or what? You gonna piss your pants?" Sylvia teased him.

Nick walked over and grabbed her wrist. He dragged her outside with him, Clay close behind. Nick stood in the road on his board and popped it up. He did it and landed nicely. Sylvia raised her eyebrows, pursed her lips, and clapped.

"So I stand corrected." She nodded.

Nick got off the board, "Yeah, your turn."

"Alright, let's go."

Sylvia walked to Nick. She put her left foot near the front and pushed off with her back foot. Her right foot pushed on the back while her front flicked the top. She popped it up and landed a bit wobbly.

"Nice. Bend your knees more, though." Nick said, unimpressed.

Clay had the exact opposite reaction, "What the fuck! When did you learn to do that?"

"Oh, when you live in Weaverville and hang with the kids around the block, you learn a few things." Sylvia skated back around to Nick.

"Yet you can't ride a bike." Clay giggled.

"Shut up, Jeremy Johnson looking ass."

She popped it up again but tried to flip it, she failed.

She tsked, "Damnit. I almost had it. It would help if you loosened up the trucks. They are too stiff."

She bounced on the board to show what she meant.

"I don't have the tools here. But I will. Here lemme see it."

She hopped off and rolled to him. Nick picked it up and was getting ready to go inside, but the kids had ran out.

Tommy's eyes widened, "Nick, can I try?"

"You are going to hurt yourself. No." He rolled his eyes.

"Please! I promise I won't! Just one time. Please! I give you 5 dollars." Tommy pleaded like a toddler.

He handed Tommy the board. The 6'3 blonde brit stepped on the board, and it instantly went out from under his feet. He caught himself before he could fall. He ran over to the board to grab it.

"Can you show me..." He whined.

"Tommy, I can." Opal walked over.

Clay threw his hands up, "So everyone in North Carolina apparently just knows how to ride a skateboard?"

"Well, I mean nowadays, you see these valley girls on penny boards calling themselves "emo." But at least when I was growing up, yes." Sylvia smiled.

"Valley girls?"

Sylvia looked at him with wide eyes, "No, like I'm dead serious. They go in Zumiez one time and think they are Tonk Hawk."

Clay wheezed while Sylvia giggled. They turned their attention to Tommy. He was rolling down the road but with no intent to stop. Opal ran after him while he went down the road screaming.

__

They were inside now with an ice pack on Tommy's head. Opal was tending to the scratches on his arms. Wilbur took photos of him to post on his Instagram story and captioned it, "Tommy got beat up by Bingus."