Well Played

"So you're not-"

"Elena?" Katherine raised an eyebrow, leaning against the table with her arms crossed. She shook her head, her dark curls falling on her face.

"No, I'm Katherine Pierce, the superior and better-looking one,"

Lucien snorted at Finn's confused expression. The three of them sat in the living room, with him on the couch, Finn on the chair away from Lucien, and Katherine standing beside Finn as she introduced herself.

Lucien still had a hard believing his eyes even though it had been almost been five hours in Finn's company. Nothing much seemed different about Finn except that he looked a lot thinner and his hair was longer.

His brown hair was longer than he remembered, pushed back and tucked behind his ears. Lucien preferred this over Finn's hair at the time they last met. But the compliment was met with a scowl and a cold glare.

Lucien didn't say anything else after that.

"You've never heard of me?" She asked, tilting her head.

"No," Finn replied, "I neither have had the pleasure or the time to find out,"

"That's understandable,"

Lucien sat straighter when Finn turned his head to look at him, squinting his eyes.

"And you..."

"Yes, I'm aware of what you're about to say," Lucien cut him off, raising his hands in surrender.

"In my defense, I was going to kill Elijah and you jumped in so I slipped,"

"You killed me,"

"Again, I slipped,"

"Well, if it makes you feel any better," Vincent said, stepping into the room.

"You possessed me and tried to hurt a bunch of kids,"

Finn stiffened, his eyes looking anywhere but at Vincent.

Katherine rolled her eyes, "Okay, yes, we all are horrible people who have done horrible things but what matters is that we are doing something right with this third and fourth," She added, gesturing at Finn, "Chance that we got,"

"How's she?" Lucien asked, angling his body to look at Vincent.

"Sleeping," Vincent answered, walking towards Lucien and taking a seat next to him. He leaned his head back and pinched the bridge of his nose, a tired sigh escaping his lips.

Lucien winced, his finger itched to give Vincent a shoulder massage because really the man just looked so tired.

"What now?" Finn asked, his shoulders slumped as he pressed a hand against his forehead.

"Klaus must be looking for us," Katherine commented.

Lucien shook his head, "The entire New Orleans must be searching for us by now,"

"Perfect,"

This was a risky plan, even with Vincent and Mithila by their side.

Ever since the originals had reclaimed New Orleans as their home, they had been nothing but serious. Klaus managed to run things smoothly, even though the witch community was still unsure, he also managed to gain their respect.

Words were known that Klaus was also keeping a close watch on the supernatural schools that were around the world.

"We're just going to stay here for a few days, maybe weeks," Vincent informed, "Till we can decide what to do?"