31.

Song recommendation: Kill and Run by Sia
-

I had no idea where Niall was.

I'd went to bed the night before without talking to him. I figured he was still stuck at the meeting, or he just forgot to turn the mic back on. I wasn't worried at that point. Maybe he was finally feeling comfortable enough to leave me on my own.

But my heart was blown into a million terrified pieces when he didn't say good morning to me when I rolled out of bed. He did it every morning. It was always:

'Good morning firefly. How did you sleep?'

I expected it every morning, and today when I sat up and didn't hear it, I was so confused. It was like Pavlov's dog. I heard the bell, but I didn't get a treat.

"Niall?" I asked in a confused tone. Maybe I was still dreaming.

There was no response.

"Niall are you there?"

Silence.

"Horan I swear to god if this is another prank, I'll come home and I'll kill you with my bare hands."

Still no response.

"Oh my god." I whispered to myself. "He's dead!"

"He's not dead." Styles rolled his eyes after I'd told him my dilemma much later in the day.

"Well then where is he?" I panicked. I sipped my tea while sitting in my robe with rollers in my hair. "I can't go to the party tonight if he's not watching."

"Malik hasn't been on either. Maybe there was a crash in the system." He shrugged. "I'm sure Tommo is working on it."

"I don't think that's it." I shook my head.

"Well why don't you try texting him?"

"Texting him?! Why hadn't I thought of that?!" I exclaimed sarcastically. "He's not answering. I can't go to the party tonight if he's not watching me."

"You don't think you can last one night just fending for yourself?"

"Maybe I can pretend to have food poisoning!" I lifted a finger in the air, ignoring his previous statement. "I'm lactose intolerant! Get me a brick of cheese!"

"You can't do that."

"Why not?" I furrowed my eyebrows. "I used to do it all the time in college to get out of things."

"Julian." Styles said simply.

"Shit. You're right." My eyes lowered. "I forgot about him. I've been so worried about Niall and-"

"Alright save it for the bedroom."

"Shut up."

"Hey, how are you doing after last night?" He fiddled with one of his chestnut curls.

"I mean, not amazing, but that's the beauty of repression." I shook my head.

"That's not good for you."

"Well crying for hours in my bedroom won't help either. I can either ignore it and move on, or I can dwell on it, which won't get us anywhere." I turned around to look at my hair in the mirror. it looked to be dry enough to take out.

"I was just wondering if you wanted to talk about it." He let out a drawn out breath. "It was pretty gruesome."

"I'd like to move past it." I began to unpin the rollers. "Unless you need to talk about it."