Living in the Shadows | heyennbee

BLURB:

BLURB:

"No one knows what lurks within the shadows, which is why I hide in them"

Running. That's all he ever did and he was good at it. He ran from his problems, from his home, from his past, heck he ran from Death himself. Little did he know, sometimes they have a way of catching up to you and not in the way one would expect.

• • •

Moving out from home, thousands of miles away to go to college, Red thought that it would be an end to all his troubles. He wasn't a social being and was more than content with his two best friends, if football were a person then that would be the third. Life was going to be easy, uneventful and hopefully as boring as possible.

Too bad a mysterious, leather-jacketed jerk had other plans.

***

YOUR COVER: (5/10) I can see how the image used represents your story and genre. I took off several points because there wasn't a lot of creativity I could find in your cover. The font used doesn't give me an action/romance genre feeling, and there's a lot going on in the photo. Instead, I suggest finding an image that focuses on just one point. For example, you could have a silhouette of the man, but more clear and eye-catching. The title should complement the image and look part of it, but in this cover, the image and title look like two different things. You are free to keep it as it is, but I also have some amazing graphic designers featured in my reading list.

YOUR TITLE: (9/10) From reading your blurb and seeing your cover, I can immediately understand the contribution your title has to your story and genre. It's memorable and represents your story. I took off a point because it's a common title. This would be an obvious title for the story based on the blurb, but could there be a deeper lesson/theme throughout the story that your readers could connect to at the end? "Living In the Shadows" is also pretty common, and if you search it up on Wattpad, there are a lot of stories with the same title in varying genres.

YOUR BLURB: (3/5) You did a great job at conveying your story through your blurb. It was easy to read and understand, but you had some grammar errors. For example, you'd need to end the dialogue with punctuation, you have comma splices, and misplaced commas. You can check out the grammar section to learn more about how to fix this, but if you have specific questions regarding your grammar errors here, feel free to reach out so I can help!

YOUR HOOK: (4/5) From the contents of the beginning, I was immediately intrigued. You did a wonderful job at keeping several details at bay so I would keep reading to find answers. You provided descriptions that helped me understand your protagonist's current predicament and dove straight into the story. I found some grammar errors, which I've addressed in your chapter reviews. I noticed that you didn't address your protagonist's emotional/mental state. Was your character disoriented, exhausted, or in pain? Try to describe that on a more emotional level to help your audience understand and sympathize/connect with him.