The journey of realization.

Today was Bennett's day off, he didn't like having one, but Katheryne refused to let him accept any commissions and threatened him with adding another day off per week for him, so he had to accept it.

... I'm bored.

He spent most of his time during an adventure, so he didn't have any idea of what to do now that he isn't allowed to have one.

Maybe...

Bennett hoped she was there, and knocked on the door of her house. It has been a week since he went there for the first time, and since then he has been coming to get her to start their adventures.

"Fischl? Are you home?"

They have been part of a team for a while now, their journeys actually go quite well and his bad luck almost seemed to fade when they were together. Almost.

He stood outside for some minutes but didn't receive an answer, he knocked again but nothing happened, where was she? She'd normally be here at this hour.. Then an idea striked in his head. The boy remembered all the books scattered around in her house the other day, and the fact that some days ago she had a book in her hands.. Maybe she was in the library!

Bennett rushed over there, if there was anyone who could free him of his boredom, it was definitely Fischl.

When he entered the vast room, he realized that it was the first time he entered there, not because he didn't like reading but.. The librarian intimidated him a lot. He always heard stories about how she punished people and how she was when someone didn't return the books in time, the thought sent shivers down his spine.

.. But how could he be able to call himself an adventurer if he thought like that?

With a renewed determination, he entered the room and started to look around for his friend.. With no luck. He sighed, but when he was about to leave, a voice called out behind him.

"Ara~ leaving so soon? You haven't even touched a book yet"

He turned back and saw Lisa, the librarian he feared. He almost froze in place.

"Hm?~ Ohh, I haven't seen you before, what's your name, darling?"

"I-I'm Bennett, p-pleased to meet you"

"Bennett? Oh I remember now, you're the unlucky one everyone talks about, what brings you here, cutie?"

Bennett flushed a little, her tone of voice was very.. Flirty.

"I wanted to see if a friend was here, b-but she isn't.. Sorry for the trouble."

"Who is your friend? I may know where she is, I have.. Close connections to the headmaster Jean."

"H-huh? Oh.. W-well, her name is Fischl.. I thought she would be here since she seems to like reading."

"Fischl? Oh she's a lovely one, she spends a lot of time here, and always returns her fantasy novels in time. I think she's on a mission right now... Something about an investigation in Brightcrown Canyon, I don't have the details."

"She's on a mission..?"

"Well you seem down, don't worry, I doubt that it's something dangerous~ Poor girl can't take a break though.. Being a top investigator must be a lot of work, with no time for naps.." She yawned.

"Well, sorry for the trouble then..."

"Why don't you stay a while? I can introduce you to a couple of books if you're bored, just be sure to return them in time." The woman smiled almost menacingly.

Bennett felt like he couldn't refuse. "S-sure, I don't have anything to do anyways.. What type of book does F-Fischl like?"

"Oh?~ You seem interested in her." She chuckled. "She has always read fantasy novels, since she was a lil' kid. I can give you some recommendations, but..." Lisa grinned. "You'll have to tell me more about you two."