| 𝐨𝐧𝐞

| POV: ELARA WEASLEY 

"—𝐎𝐈! El we're going to be late!" Ron, my twin brother's annoying voice screams from downstairs. 

Apparently I'm taking too fucking long to get ready.

"Honestly Ron, don't you know it always takes me this long! I'll be down in five!" I reply, brushing my hair.

Today is supposed to be the first day back to Hogwarts after the war. The Ministry had told all seventh year students to return back because of all the studies we had missed this previous year due to all the things going on. Honestly, I don't feel like going back. It had only been four months since the end of the war and I still couldn't get the screams and sobs of hundreds of people in the Great Hall after they lost their loved ones. Many lost their soulmates, brothers, sisters, parents. I would've been fine until, Freddie's death.

It came as such a shock to me since not even five minutes before his death, I was with him. Then suddenly in the blink of an eye— he was gone.

And I always blamed myself for it.

Growing up, I was always closer to Fred, George and Ron than any other of my brothers and his death had a really great impact on me. It started a month after his death when I first started getting nightmares about the war— and him. It was hard in the starting since I didn't tell anyone, but soon enough I told everyone in my family and they helped me through it. Sometimes it still might happen, but it's gotten better.

But going back to Hogwarts? I don't think I can bear walking through those halls without thinking about the mischievous things he used to do along with George. His laughs, smile, hugs, our talks— everything.

To say I miss him a lot is an understatement.

Snapping out my thoughts, I walk downstairs with my trunk to tell my parents goodbye one last time before I leave for Hogwarts.

"Finally look at who's here!" Ron and Ginny exclaim.

"A queen needs her time to get ready" I reply, smirking.

I place my trunk down next to the fireplace as I hug my parents and they mumble a "Good Luck" in my ear. Letting go, they kiss my cheek as I take my wand and mumble Apparate along with my siblings. Apparating is the worst— I always almost end up throwing up because of the weird things I feel throughout my body. But, it is the quickest way to reach anywhere at anytime. 

Ron grabs mine and Gin's hands— not even a second later, we arrive at the platform. It looks the same, but the only thing that changed are the expressions on the wizard and witches' faces. They're not so dull and tired anymore. 

"Harry and Hermione said that they were going to meet us at the platform right?" Ginny asks, as we're walking. 

"They should be here" I reply, my eyes darting across the platform.