22. Forty Kisses (Danail)

I am awaken by flapping of wings and loud chirping somewhere nearby.

   There's something different about the way I feel, but my sleepy mind still can't register what it is. It's not the same hot, sweaty morning that I've been experiencing for the last ten years in the desert. One thing I know for sure, this feeling is too good to be real. I don't want to open my eyes. I fear that I'm dreaming and it might go away if I fully wake up.

   The air is cool and fresh. It smells like flowers and cinnamon. There's a body on me. Someone is sprawled on my chest. I hear soft, even breathing close to my ear. The person's silky hair is tickling my chin. A hand is tucked under my shirt, resting on my stomach. I'm happy. Somewhere deep inside I know that this is exactly how it should be. I sigh contentedly and prepare to doze off again.

   The annoying bird won't go away, though, and starts chirping louder. There's also another sound that attracts my attention. It's a quiet, insistent knock on the door. Why has everyone decided to deprive me of my beautiful dream? I frown and lift my eyelids just a little to assess my surroundings.

   A huge, bright red bird has perched on the ledge of the wide open window. It is concentrated on cleaning its feathers, adjusting each one carefully with its beak.

   "Shoo!" I hiss, evoking a long tirade of indignant chirrups and the reproachful glare of two yellow, unblinking eyes.

   The person, sleeping on my chest, stirs and slides a leg between mine. I have no idea why, but this makes my heart flip and the corners of my mouth twitch up in a smile.

   "Shhh!" a soft voice whispers in my ear. "It won't go away. You'll only provoke it to make more noise."

   I'm suddenly fully awake and aware of the situation. I've fallen asleep in Sai's bed. He is wrapped around me like a rainbow boa. I lift my head and my mouth glues directly to his bare shoulder.

   "Ahhh," he squeaks and buries his face in my neck. "Don't do this!"

   "It wasn't on purpose," I smirk. "Why not? Didn't you ask last night for more kisses in the morning?"

   "Because I will get hard again," he mumbles, "and someone is knocking at the door."

   He tries to roll away from me, but I immediately embrace him in my arms, sliding my palms up his naked back. His velvety skin is warm under my fingers.

   "Where are you going?" I chuckle. "I need a reward for being used as a bedding the whole night."

   "What reward?" he peeks suspiciously at me.

   I pretend to be deep in thought, trying to ignore the continuing knock. Whoever this is, they better give up.

   "I think twenty five kisses will satisfy me for now," I finally state.

   A wide grin spreads on Sai's face. "I feel generous this morning. I'll give you thirty," he nods and immediately glues his mouth to mine.

   The prince is definitely a quick learner. Before I can blink, his tongue is sliding on mine and both his hands are under my shirt, squeezing my pecks. I have nothing against it. He's touching me as if in a hurry to make up for all the lost time. His lips glide between mine. My shirt rolls up and the feeling of our chests rubbing makes me moan. He's brave enough to bite my lip and I squeeze a handful of his hair to press him even closer. He's the living temptation and gets bolder by the second. I'm doomed.

   "Dearest God!" Sai pants heavily when we pull apart to take a breath. "It was sooo very rude to use you as a pillow. I have no manners. I think you actually deserve more like forty kisses."

   "You are absolutely right," I immediately agree. "I feel taken advantage of. My feelings are hurt. I need them to overcome the pain. This was one. Keep them coming."

   He grins, staring at my mouth, more than ready to oblige.

   "My Lords!" a hushed voice makes us both jump. We completely forgot about the knocking. "I'm very sorry, but I need to talk to Prince Dai Danail before we leave for The Capital. It's urgent."

   I frown. Who knows that I'm here? No one saw me coming last night or at least I thought so. I make a soundless sign to Sai. He nods and unwillingly rises, leaving my body craving for his sweetness and warmth.

   "Who is this?" he asks firmly. My prince can be quite intimidating when he wants.

   "I apologize, Your Highness! It's Tarsaryan. Mmm... everyone is still sleeping, but people will... you know... start to wake up any moment. I just... I wanted to..."

   I smile. Of course, my best friend guessed that I'm here. He can read me like an open book. Sai glances at me questioningly.

   "Let him in," I nod, "but put your robe on first."

   My moon ray rolls his eyes and I find it more than cute. He's right, though. There's nothing that Tar, or almost everyone else, didn't already see yesterday.

   I sit up and smile at the enormous mountain of muscles that is fidgeting nervously at the door, "Come in, Tar! Thank you for warning us. This won't remain hidden for long, but perhaps we should wait for the right moment. What is it that you want to tell me?"

   "I... Dey, I prefer to... Can we talk in private?" He bows lightly to Sai and quickly adds, "I apologize, My Lord! It's something I would like to discuss with the commander alone."

   "I don't have secrets from my moon," I glare, making him shrink a little. "You can speak freely."

   Tar opens his mouth, but then shakes his head in hesitation.

   "Dey, go and talk to your friend. I don't mind. Tar is right. The camp will wake up to life soon." Sai places his hand on mine and Tar's eyes almost fall from his face. "We'll meet at breakfast."

   He bends to my ear and whispers, "I still owe you thirty nine kisses and intend to pay my debt tonight. Do not forget it whatever happens in The Capital. This thought will help us survive this day."

___________________________________

A/N

Hello at the end of chapter 22!

Thank you for reading and supporting! ❤❤❤

What do you think Tar wants to discuss with Dey? 😉

Do you expect troubles in The Capital?  

I know you can't wait to learn what the prophecy says. We're almost there. 😀

Share your thoughts, ask questions and criticize, if you think it's necessary.

And don't forget to vote, if you liked the story.

Love: Anny