bonus #10

"Alright, princess, what about the plié?"

Ayla looked at her dad with mock bewilderment, looking almost offended that her father had asked her that question.

"Daddy, this one, remember?" Ayla quickly stood up from her chair, still in her princess pajamas, and put her heels together, bending her knees.

"Alright, alright, my smart girl," Xavier surrendered, patting the seat in front of him. "Let me finish your hair first, princess."

"Okay, daddy."

Ayla sat back in her pink chair as her dad, once again, began combing through her hair. Gently, not wanting to tug on the beautiful brunette locks that she had inherited from her mother, he wrapped her hair into a tight bun at the top of her hair.

Spraying a bit of hairspray onto the comb, he brushed back some of her baby hairs that had gotten loose. The smile never once left Ayla's face as she swung her feet back and forth, looking into the mirror, watching as her dad perfected her hair.

It had taken a long time to learn, but as soon as Ayla began taking ballet lessons, Xavier was tasked with occasionally taking her to the lessons whenever Aurora couldn't make it due to work. This meant he had to learn how to do her hair, and after half a year, he had now perfected the bun.

Xavier even stayed for some of the lessons, watching as his precious daughter pranced around in her pink tutu, with a proud and adoring smile on his face.

"Alright, what about the second position?" Xavier quizzed her, watching as Ayla once again stood from her stool and demonstrated the movement perfectly for her dad.

Xavier tilted his head to the side. He could've sworn it was the other move.

"I thought it was this?" He stood up and proceeded to demonstrate what he thought the second position was. It was difficult because of his large build and nowhere was he flexible, whereas, on the other hand, Aurora was plenty flexible.

Oh, he would know.

Ayla pouted, shaking her head. "No, daddy, that's five. Two is this."

She placed her heels together with her legs straight and turned out, following the direction of her feet.

"I could've sworn that was the third position," Xavier scratched his head with confusion. There were just too many ballet moves to learn that he still couldn't get it all figured out despite having attended some of her lessons. However, it came as a shock to him that his now 4-year-old daughter remembered most of the moves.

Not to brag, but his daughter pretty damn smart.

Melodious chuckles could be heard coming from the doorway of Ayla's bedroom. Both father and daughter turned their heads towards the sound, and immediately smiles adorned their faces as Aurora walked in with a twinkle of amusement in her eyes.

"Our Ayla's just smarter than daddy," Bending down, she scooped Ayla into her arms, placing a kiss on their daughter's rosy cheeks. "Aren't you, pretty girl?"

Ayla nodded with enthusiasm, happy with all the attention on her. After all, it was her special day. Today was her very first ballet recital, and everyone, meaning, the entire Knight family was going to be in attendance. From her grandparents to her aunts, uncles, and cousins, everyone was determined to see little Ayla's first performance.

"She gets her brains from me," pouted Xavier, pulling Aurora to him with Ayla still in her arms. Ayla had already tuned out their conversion, instead, her focus was now on her mother's pretty necklace.

Aurora had gotten a bit more dressed up than usual, seeing that the event they were attending was Ayla's very first ballet recital. She wore a white half off-shoulder top tucked into a long light blue skirt that fell below her knees.