Minamoto Clan Arc -Part III-

"Yes, that's your mother's protective charm," the woman said while handing her a tea. "It was distributed before but then stopped when people didn't buy it anymore. Actually, since back then the protective charm was very effective, the elders tried on duplicating them, but it was not that effective as the original one. This was also a fake."

"Where's the original one?" she asked after mouthing a thank you.

"The elders have it. It was kept hidden in the main house where everyone except the elders didn't know about it," she explained. She hummed and leaned back to the sofa.

"Despite keeping the original one, grandfather still suffer from the mysterious terminal illness," she muttered.

"Oh, father apparently didn't know about the original place even though he stayed at the main house," Maya explained. "Father often has many arguments with the other elders which maybe the reason why he was exposed to the cursed. The other elders decided to change the charm location without him knowing." Seriously, there's so many drama happening in the family.

"Right, how's Chihiro doing?" she asked.

"He's sleeping currently," Maya answered and sipped her tea. "His condition dropped a few moments ago, but fortunately the family doctor was here and could save him. He's sleeping right now. The doctor said he should be awake in a few hours."

"I see."

"Want to see him? He's sleeping now so he won't attack you with his snarky remarks," the woman laughed playfully while the girl only smiled faintly, looking at her reflection on the tea. This curse might be more dangerous than she thought it would be. It didn't even expose itself when she was in the abandoned building and only sent out a grade 3 curse. She sighed silently and leaned back to the sofa. "Is something wrong?"

"No, not at all. I'm just thinking about something," she replied.

"Right, I overheard your conversation with father back then," Maya chirped. "You're searching for Seika's earring?" the girl only nodded and leaned herself closer, already feeling interested in what the woman might tell. The older woman looked around, confirming whether they were the only one around. She leaned a little closer to her, expression now serious. "Actually, the earring was never hidden by anyone, at least that's what your mother told me before leaving the estate."

"What?"

"The last user of that earring was indeed your mother and the higher-ups informed that Seika's earring has disappeared. The news spread out and in the end people concluded that someone hid the earring. All the fingers were pointed to your mother since they all knew she's the last user," the woman explained further. "But in the end it's still remained as a mystery. Did your mother give you something before she died?" The girl frowned and tried to think hard, digging out every bits of her memories.

"I don't think so?" she said unsure. The girl looked disappointed and looked at her laps. The older woman though, didn't miss seeing her stud earrings behind her locks. At first she saw those earrings and didn't think too much about it. But after all of that conversation they have been doing, her head started to think.

"I like your earrings," she suddenly spouted. The girl looked up at the older woman and touched her earrings, feeling the cold surface.

"Ah, yeah," she answered awkwardly. It was obvious that she was thinking about something, after telling stories of Seika's earring and suddenly she complimented her earrings. "My mom gave me this when I turned five." The woman smiled, relieved that what she thought was true.

"That's probably it," the older woman said. "Your mother didn't give out a certain description of Seika's earring and we only knew it's final form on books."