Chapter 44

Sophia’s POV

As I stood there I kept chanting to myself to stay brave, I could do this.   I was no longer that weak women my ex made me believe.   My body slightly shook as the battle reigned on around me.   Taking a deep breath I allowed Gaea to have control, I needed her now as she was where my strength resided.  

I could see hundreds of arrows reigning down on the unsuspecting wolves.  Some were kill shots, others completely immobilized them, the wolf bane forcing them to shift human and the silver poisoning them.   Within a matter of minutes, a few hundred were scattered over the forest floor.   The accuracy of the gnomes and elves was spot on as they rarely missed, even with a moving wolf.   I was proud of my little men.

Knox continued to stand by my side as our men fought.   By now Alpha George’s pack realized that the vampires were not on their side.   Vlad’s men were swift and lethal, snapping necks at an absurd pace, I could see why the King of Vampires had such faith in his men. 

As I looked to the right I watched as our feline member sleekly stalked their opponent.   Instead of attacking head on like a wolf or bear, they waited patiently for the enemy to have their back turned before they pounced.   Their razor sharp claws tore through fur easily, gutting them completely.   Not the cleanest way to kill, but just as effective.  

Knox shifted and his large black wolf stood protectively in front of me.   The other alpha was fighting his way our way, refusing to be defeated.   It was at that point that I noticed some of their eyes.   They were red.   Rogues.

Knox, why are rogues fighting along his side?  

I am not sure, but I assume to give him numbers.   His pack is large but take out the women and children and you would never get this many.   I have a feeling they are teaming up together, but I don’t see a rogue following an alpha under any circumstances.  

After about 40 minutes of fighting, the other pack was down to a few dozen.   I know Knox was upset for not joining his pack in the battle, but as my mate he needed to protect me.   The pack was about to find out the reason why.

I was scared shitless, even though Gaea was ecstatic and proud of what was going on, part of me was still human.  And that part was terrified.   For so long I lived in fear and I have a feeling that feeling was deeply ingrained into my soul therefore would never truly be forgotten.  Just witnessing this type of violence was making me sick to my stomach.   Sensing my increasing anxiety, she took over fully. 

I have this Sophia.  This is what I am here for.   Let me deal with the bad stuff and you just concentrate on the good.   Together we got this. 

Yeah I could live with that relationship.   Closing my eyes briefly I relinquished full power to her.   When my purple eyes reopened the sight before me made me smile.  

The vampires and some of the pack members began to form a circle, trapping in the remaining wolves.  Alpha George was among the few left living.   24 wolves in total stood in a fighting stance at the center. 

Looking around my heart hurt at the deaths that had occurred.   A life was a life and when one was lost my heart ached. 

Taking a step forward, the pack once again parted, as I approached the inner circle. 

Show time...