A break

Friday

Dixies POV

School had been okay but I was so excited because after the last bell it would be Christmas break.

Yesterday Addi had left to go talk with her real siblings and I was so happy for her but I wished that everything would Be okay with them because I don't think Noah could take another heart break and I would feel more broken because I started the streak.

But when Addi got back with a smile I knew everything was okay. She told me everything and I felt a little bit of happiness spark that Addi was at peace, Tatum had her family back, and Noah had mended a small piece of his heart.

Addi also mentioned that she wanted to move back with her family, I would miss her a hell of a lot but I knew that this was the right thing to do. She wanted to feel the same feeling she felt all those years ago before things got rough. I told her that I supported everything that she wanted to do.

She went to talk to Charli about it and Charli understood but still shed some tears and then she went to talk to my parents. My dad supported her 100% my mom said she was okay with it but everyone knew that deep down she hated the idea of her prized child leaving. Me, char, and Addi spent the rest of the day together talking and having genuine fun.

I went to sleep praying that Noah was okay and that I would be okay because I wasn't I really wasn't but I shoved that down because I had no right to complain when I have caused it all.

I woke up and put on the same non excited type outfits I had been wearing for a while

It was a a light maroon and dark maroon striped long sleeves shirt/sweatshirt I threw own one of my many blue jeans. I put my hair in half up half down and put my airforces on and walked downstairs to my moms pre-made açaí bowls.

I ate and soon Addi and Charli were down stairs.

Addi wore a way more excited and perfect outfit she wore a white crop top with ripped jeans and since it was getting cold she put a long sweater on that she stole from me. I asked after today she leaver my clothes alone. She put the simple Black and white checkered Vans. Addis hair was in two dutch braids which looked professionally done, but It wasn't.

Charli also wore a better outfit than mine she wore a black crop top with another one of mine sweaters but hers was white. She had cute white pants on that had faces in black. She paired air forces with hers and her hair was all down.

They all had light makeup on and I didn't give two shits about impressing people. We all ate and talked about how excited we were for today. We all grabbed are bags and headed for Charlie jeep Addi got in the passenger and I rode in the back.

when we made it to school Addi walked up to Noah telling him her moving plans and asking if he was comfortable and of course he was. Addi hugged Noah and I wished it was me, but I shrugged the thought away and focused on the cute sibling moment they shared.

Noah finally looked at me for there first time in a while and along with that he smiled and I smiled back before being dragged by Charli. I had been used to being dragged because it I weren't I probably wouldn't do anything except cry, and look at Noah all day.

as I was being dragged I heard him laugh and felt my stomach fill with butterflies I hadn't heard him laugh I don't think anyone had because everyone looked at in a surprised matter.

We had both been red and puffy eyed for a while and to see him smile and laugh cleared my pain.

-
Last period is what I needed but didn't. I had everyone in the class but it was the last class before No school for weeks.

I walked in and then soon the class was filled. The clocked ticked and the teacher talked but my eyes were in Noah.

"Dixie"

I missed his eyes, but I knew that it was my fault.

"Dixie"

I wished I could hug his again

"Dixie"

But it was all my fault

"Dixie damelio"

I wanted to be in his arms and not leave

"Dixie"

But my lips were the one the kissed Nick

"Dixie"

Why why why why why did I do it. Why couldn't I just have faith in Noah. Why did I trust Nick so quickly.

"DIXIE ARE YOU OKAY"

I snapped out of my haunting mine and realized Noah was right in front of me. He was calling my name and I realized I was crying.

Omg, I was crying in class because my head got the best of me.

I felt my chest get heavy it felt like there was 20 boulders pushing on it. I grabbed my neck trying to breathe. I started to cry even more.

That's before I took off. I ran out the class room with nothing except my own nightmares.

But Noah followed me. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me into a hug just like he did at the beginning of our friendship. Before things got complicated.

His faces appeared and his hair was wet and curly and he was laying in the bed shirtless and when he saw my tears he sat straight up in his bed and said "dix are you okay what's wrong". "P-p-p-a-a-n-i-c-k a-t-t-a-c-k" is all I could barely get our due to my voice being shaky as I was having trouble breathing and my tears. His face got worried and he said "do I need to come over" I didn't want to bother him but nothing would come out "okay I will be there I won't knock I will text you," I just nodded.

5 minutes Noah pulled up we lived in the same housing complex so it wasn't far he texted me saying I'm here and I quietly walked out of the house. When I opened the door there he was hair still wet but he had a sweatshirt on. He grabbed my scared self and wrapped his arms around me, and I did the same.

And I did the same as always I wrapped my arms around his waist and he tighten his grip. He rubbed me hair and I began speaking scared and through my tears.

"Noah I'm so sorry" I said I wanted to apologize for everything. All the things I've done. "Shh dix I know" I shook my head but not daring to pull away.

"No you don't Noah it's my fault I kissed Nick and I shouldn't have but I got so scared and my bitchy side showed I wanted to show you that I was better. But I'm just stupid"

He pulled my face away and looked me in the eyes "hey don't call yourself stupid and I know. I know what happen Nick told me. Do I think you should have done it? No. Do I wish you trust me? Yes but it happened and I cant erase it from my head and you can't pull your lips away"

He was right like always and I was wrong. I was okay with this though because this is the way it needed to be. Except I don't want to be in the wrong I want to be corrected and I wanted to be taught and I wanted to be with Noah: I couldn't kiss him but I could hug him.

So I pulled him back into the hug and said "okay" he rubbed my back and said "I love you dixie I do and I always will"

He was crying now and I began to cry to "I love you Noah more than you know" he kissed my forehead and said "I know you love me and I know how much you do. It will show one day dixie one day everything will be okay. Just like you told addi when she felt guilty and now look I have my sister back"

I smiled because he was but I couldn't do what I wanted do I just hugged him again and he didn't move he just hugged me back.

And my words started to matter because everything would be okay.