XIV

───── ❝ chapter fourteen ❞ ─────

jake

"my manager and i actually got into a fight a couple of weeks ago and the both of us weren't really the type to start, continue, or end up being anger towards each other during the scene." i confessed as chloe goes in awe.

"is that the only reason why you literally disappeared here for weeks or are there more that i don't know about?" she asked as i couldn't help but laugh.

"when soobin hyung told me that you'd be such a cute nosy gal, i didn't take him that seriously until i actually got to know you more." i said with a smirk on my face which made chloe burst out laughing which got me confused at first since i did call her nosy just as she stopped laughing before she starts punching my shoulder.

"yah!! did he really call me nosy? is that the only thing he i mean- the two of you think of me?" she asked before pouting which made me pout as well.

"i still said cute didn't i?" i said with a smirk just as someone slams something right infront of me which made both me and chloe gasp.

"hey hey hey you are supposed to be working again not flirt with someone else's girlfriend!!"

that voice o_O

"chanwoo hyungggggg-!!" i yelled as i yeeted out of the counter thingy before giving him a tight hug which he didn't respond to WHICH MEANS I'M DOING THIS RIGHT!!

as i broke off the hug, i immediately start apologizing to him since i actually really like it here and to be honest it's not like i've got things to do with my life other than doing what i love to do which is bartending.

"no no, i should be the one that should be apologizing to you!! you really did nothing wrong during that time, it was all me since i vented out my anger towards you even though i should've been more professional that time ... i'm really really sorry if i had made you question how good you actually are with what you love to do." he says which made me smile.

"i also um ... really appreciate how you decided to pay for the damages that your dog had created." he added which made me smile awkwardly before i start scratching my head.

"layla." i said which made his brows furrow out of confusion maybe.

"sorry what?" he asked since he probably didn't hear me because of the loud LOUD music.

"her name is layla." i said which made him go in awe.

"oh okay okay." he says before laughing which made me let out a sigh of relief.

"why wouldn't you pick up any of our calls though? we were so worried about you." he says as he frowns which made me let out an awkward laugh.

"i ughhh ... once i got back home, i was still so angry about our petty argument so i threw my phone on the wall out of anger i guess??" i casually said which made his eyes widen before letting out a sigh.

"let's continue this conversation later okay? the both of us still have tons of work to do." he says as i smiled while nodding at him as he smiles back and goes back to his lil office thingy idk ...

well i guess it's back to work for me too :>

-

heeseung

"do you like him? you've been staring towards his direction the whole time." i asked yoonji with a smirk on my face which made her go in awe.

"i wouldn't say i like him already since i only got to see how he looks like but i'm still pretty clueless about his personality." she says which made me let out a hum.

"do you drink?" i asked as she nods.

"i'm still pretty clueless with how most alcoholic beverages taste like since i've only drank wines, vodka, and beer." i said making him go in awe.

"hyejin, why don't you join us? we're going to get us drinks and i'm pretty sure you'd want to get to know jake right?" heeseung asked which made hyejin face yoonji with a smirk on her face as she nods.

"sure thing." she says which made me face yoonji who's frowning already.

"have fun you guys!!" nahyun says as i nodded and escorted the two girls towards the drink building boy.

"jake? would you mind accompanying us?" i said after the three of us sat infront of jake which made him start laughing and nodding.

"with pleasure." he says before he starts to "tidy up" his counter despite being tidied up already which made me let out a chuckle since he probably just wanted to look cool infront of the two.

"is this the first time you've been to a club like this? i don't think i've seen the two of you around here." jake says as i let out a hum as i'm thinking of what i'd want to drink right now.

"yeah it's our first time being in a club like this since we only get to drink alcohol on parties we'd be invited on." hyejin says making jake go in awe.

"you two might end up crashing here most of your days right after this by the way cuz i have been told that our services and the ones proving the actual services here are really addictive and one of a kind as well." jake says which made me laugh.

"did you memorize that along the way or something? where did that even come from?" i asked as jake shoots me a glare.

"aish i was just kidding you know? it just sounded so professional which is why i just had to doubt your skills when it comes to convincing other people to keep coming back here." i said as i scoffed and crossed my arms towards my chest.

"a negroni would be nice." i said as jake let out an ooh before nodding.

"by the way, since these two haven't been to any clubs yet so why don't you give the both of them some long island iced tea?" i asked as i handed him fifty dollars.

"you really think they'd last that long?" he asked as i shrugged.

"we'll never know." i said with a smirk on my face as jake nods and starts building drinks for us.

"do you guys have like a list of cocktails that are being served here? we've been pretty curious about them for awhile now so now that we're actually in the right place to learn them can we-" but before yoonji could finish, jake cuts her off.

"awwww aren't you two adorable being all clueless about these?" jake says in a baby voice making me roll my eyes out of annoyance.

i already expected this to happen but i did not think i'd get this annoyed by him.

"you just made this little one crash because of your sudden baby voice by the way." i said before laughing because of how taken aback yoonji is right now.