TWELVE

I was sitting in the Kitchen in my house as Gio continued on with his story while we sat at the counter, "And then he asked me about my basketball team and what position I played

I was sitting in the Kitchen in my house as Gio continued on with his story while we sat at the counter, "And then he asked me about my basketball team and what position I played." Gio continues to speak about his encounter with Steph Curry that a certain pest hooked up for him

I swear this man is a roach of some sort. Even when I don't have to see him, I still am forced to think about him.

"I told him I was a point guard just like him! He said 'no way' and then I said 'yes way' and then he told me that he'd need to see what I was like on the court. And then I got Carter to pull up some of my highlights that my coach had posted and he told me I was really good!"

"Really?" I ask with a blank look on my face

"Yup! And then he tried to show me a couple of techniques after he signed my ball. Oh! Did I tell you he signed my ball?"

"You might've mentioned it once or twice, buddy." or a thousand times since I picked him up.

"Oh okay. Oh! And then Carter—" There he goes again with the C-word bruh

"He told him that Karma was my Godmother and he talked about how he's a huge fan of her and her work. He said that the questions I asked were sooo good that it made perfect sense that we knew each other. I think she worked on an article with his wife or something and she loved it but he invited Karma, Carter, and me to their house that they have here in New York and he said he'd teach me some more stuff I can use when I play in my next game!"

Jesus Christ.

He won over my baby brother.

"That's great, Buddy! I'm so happy for you I can't wait to hear all about it when you guys go over there."

Another opportunity for Carter to make another move on my girl.

I know what he's doing. It's the classic 'Get the son/brother figure in her life to fall for you so the girl falls for you too'

Now he's got my poor baby brother who doesn't know any better wrapped up in his manipulation tactics.

When the fuck did Giovanni even develop an interest in basketball? When I met him he was into soccer like I was.

Now he's out here casually becoming friends with one of the most respected players in the league at only 9 years old.

When I was 9, the coolest friend I had was Cyrus. Don't let Ryan hear that though before he throws a fit.

And it's bad enough that Karma babies Gio like he's her own, although I admire her for it, it's completely fucking up any chance I have with her if Carter is gonna be around him 24/.

Her being Gio's Godmother was supposed to be an advantage for me not work against me.

You know what? No. I refuse to fight over my brother's love.