Would He?

I stared out one of the broken windows of the car as Lance and Cassandra used the crank to make it move. "Uh, that was pretty brave what you did back there. I mean, I was gonna do it before you volunteered, but-" Lance said and Cassandra cut him off. "Thanks, Lance. All in the name of fulfilling destiny." Cassandra said and I turned to look at her confused. 'Not smart mouthed remark? She didn't even call Lance out on being a liar.' I thought to myself before looking back out the window. "You really buy all this destiny stuff?" Lance asked. "I believe everybody's got a destiny." She said and I sighed before turning away from the broken window and sitting on the floor.

"Varian, (Y/n), do you believe in destiny?" Lance asked and I nodded. Varian stool a little longer to respond. "Do I believe that (Y/n) and I meeting was destiny? Yes. Do I really believe in the concept of destiny? That's a hard no." He said and I giggled. Our conversation was short lived as a loud thud came from the top of the car. Eugene and Rapunzel opened the roof hatch only to let out a scream. They quickly backed away and a large axe went through the door. Varian quickly picked up Ruddiger and placed him around his shoulders before making his way over to me and pulling me up off the ground. I reached into my boot and pulled out my wand.

"Look! Can we not go just one place without some weirdo jumping out of nowhere?!" Eugene yelled and the axe kept hitting the roof. "Lance, Cass, you guys keep cranking! Get us across this as fast as possible!" Rapunzel said and both started cranking faster. "Varian, (Y/n), stay alert. We might need you as backup." Rapunzel said and we both nodded. "Eugene, let's go see what our new friend wants." Rapunzel said letting her hair down. Varian and I stood in the center of the car with our backs against each other. I had my wand ready and I have no doubt that Varian had some sort of concoction ready.

Rapunzel and Eugene both made their way to the broken windows and I watched as they both sat in the window. "Eugene!" Rapunzel yelled and I saw Eugene starting to fall. Max quickly caught him by his boot. "Eugene watch out!" Rapunzel yelled and I used my free hand to hold onto the back of Varian's shirt. Eugene managed to get up onto the roof with Rapunzel and we heard grunts and thuds. Eugene's butt fell through the ceiling before he got pulled back up.

"Guys, uh, I'm not trying to rush you. Go faster!" Rapunzel said peaking here head through the window to Cass and Lance. I glanced out the window and saw a familiar figure coming towards us fast. "Sapphs!" I yelled and pointed over to what I had seen. "Is that?" He asked and I nodded. A battle cry was soon heard as the figure disappeared from our sight only to appeared above us near the broken ceiling. "Adira!" Varian and I both called out to her. "Where did she come from?" Cassandra asked already annoyed by her presence. "Like an angel, she fell from heaven." Lance said already lost in thought about her.

"And now Adira's here. Because, why wouldn't she be?" Eugene said and the same dumb crow from earlier flew through the window knocking Pascal onto the ground. Sunny and Ruddiger both moved next to Pascal ready to fight the bird. The bird charged, but missed all of them and flipped itself onto its back. It got up ready to fight only to hurt itself and fly out of the car.

Weapons clashing was heard above us and I watched as Adira was sent flying over the hole. "Adira!" Eugene yelled and I watched her fall over the side. "No!" Lance yelled and I ran towards the window. I pointed my wand towards her falling figure and blue left my wand. I tried to catch her, but she was out of my reach. "Adira!" I yelled as the fog surrounded her making her disappear.

The car suddenly turned onto its side. "Woah!" I yelled as my body fell through the broken window. One of my hands caught the bottom of the window as the rest of my body was out of the car. "(Y/n)!" Varian yelled and I looked up to see him holding onto Lance. I put my wand in between my teeth and grabbed onto the window sill with my other hand. Rapunzel and Eugene opened the door and stared down at all of us. Rapunzel let down her hair and everyone grabbed onto it. I held onto her hair and started to climb up. Once I got to the top Varian helped me onto the doors of the car.