Chapter 5: Let the Job Begin (Rewrite)

Arriving at Kuoh city yesterday, Rei did not waste further time changing herself into her school uniform. Since today was the day that she and her twin brother start at their new school, even though Leon doesn't want to go with her.

But after a good beating or two with her fist, Leon had decided that its best for him to continue his education like a normal teen. Since both of them ever had any normal teenhood, because of their origin and all. Though Rei only goes to school as a guard to her new contractor, she brought Leon along with her as an extra precocious if anything bad or stupid ever happened to them.

Once Rei left her bedroom fully dressed in her uniform, she then walks herself toward the kitchen where she saw her twin brother cooking up their breakfast while he wore the Kuoh academy uniform like her. Even though his head was covered in bandages for a reason that may have a connection, this was Rei's doing.

"Good morning, dear brother~ I've seen that your head had healed, good for you but who's the culprit that did this to your head?" Rei asked smiling, as her voice filled with sarcasm.

"Yeah, yeah, shit and giggles!" Leon calls out, as he then places their breakfast on the table. "If it wasn't the fact that we're in a small location, I would have Galatine your ass even if you are my twin sister,"

"Come now, don't blame me! The fact you have chosen knighthood instead of being a magus, after all even if most of my set of skills aren't as devastating as your weaponry. It's still more efficient and cleaner than yours," Rei said with a devilish smile.

"Just eat your breakfast already!" Leon said.

Letting out a laugh, Rei then began to devour her breakfast a whole. After the twin had finished their quick breakfast, Rei was now in her lab she used to both store and create Magecraft or Mystic Code that she need to do her mission.

Because there is still half an hour left before the school even starts, might as well take a close look at the Grail pieces to find a clue or something that might be useful for them in the future. Thege of her Trace ability she can quickly analyze the origin and structure of the pieces, to her surprise the single pieces themselves hold a powerful Leyline lying beneath the outer skin.

From the outside, it might look like ordinary fancy ass chess pieces that are made out of pure gold. But by using her eyes she can see beneath the gold there lies a powerful Leylines, for now, she doesn't know how the Leylines even got there, to begin with. But she gonna investigate that later after she can find the second piece of the Grail.

Placing the pieces on top of the table, Rei then opens up a chest behind her. It was an old and oriented chest even after being left for years, there were no signs of termites' fingerprints that had touched this old chest. What is even inside the chest? For now, the twin doesn't know what is the relic or something else that lies inside the chest. But what they know, is the fact that their father was the one who own the said chest, for years he didn't tell anyone not even their mother about the situation of the chest.

The chest soon piqued Rei's interest back when she was sixth, though even now she has no way to open the said chest. Since her father places some kind of a binding spell upon the chest, not even with the use of Metallica can she bend the iron of the chest in her will. That was the first time she was surprised that her Magecraft Metallica didn't work on something that contain iron.

They already tried blasting the damn thing with Excalibur, but the result left them with nothing more but dust. To both their surprise the chest survives a close blast against Excalibur, in that day Rei learns something... That something is the fact she was clueless and got greedy to find out what is inside the chest.

It took years for her to find the stupid key to the chest, and she was left with nothing but a fluke of nothingness. For now, she still holds her curiosity in her chest but she kept that to herself and did not show it to anyone, not even her twin.