Chapter 11

Tom's POV:

We get to the house and Hope runs to her room. I got around talking to the men to see if anyone can tell me anything about what happened at the club. After talking to a few, I walked back in and see Bruce coming out the kitchen.

"I want Harrison and my brothers in my office now." I say and he nods. "Get me Jacob too." I last say before passing him and walking towards Hope's room. I wanted to make sure she was ok. What she witness earlier it's not easy to process. I remember the first time I was in her same situation, I couldn't sleep for days. I guess you can say in a way I feel bad for her. I got to talk to Hope and see she was going good. She had showered and was ready for bed, I hope she gets to rest. I go upstairs to my office where I find Harrison and the twins at.

"How many men Harrison?" I ask.

"We lost 3." He says.

"Fuck!" I say slamming my hands to the desk. "What the fuck happened? Huh? What the fuck happened?" I ask.

"Calm down Tom, we don't know if the attack was for you or Dante." Harry says.

"Dante is there every night Harry, every night. And nothing had happened until today, the night we go."

"Well maybe there's another mob boss who is possibly upset with you." Sam suggest.

"No, we are in good terms with everyone we work with, plus they are all terrified of your brother, they wouldn't dare." Harrison says before the office door opens and Jacob walks in.

"You called me Tom?" Jacob asks.

"Yes, come in please" I says and Jacob walks in closing the door behind him. "Jacob you were out there, tell us what happened?"

"Everything happened really fast. I couldn't even tell you where they came from. One odd thing though, there was a man that approached Hope," He says and I sit straight on my chair. "He talked to her for a few minutes and then the shooting happened. It was strange because he walked straight to the bar, I seen him come in, and it was really not long before the shooting started." He adds. What man? And why the fuck did I leave her alone?

"Could it be her father? That they were coming for her?" Harrison asks.

"I don't think so," I say. "If not she wouldn't be here."

"Maybe she didn't know the man so she was hesitant to go. Then the shooting started and got scared?" Sam adds.

"They had enough talking time for him to tell her he was sent by her dad if that was the case." Jacob says.

"This doesn't make any sense." Harrison says.

"Sam, Harry, I need you both to go back to the place to see if you could get any camera footage and talk to any witnesses." I say and they both nod. "Harrison, we need to recover the bodies of the men we lost and make sure they receive a proper burial, we also need to reach out to the family and take care of them." I add and Harrison nods as well and the three of them exit the office. Jacob starts to make his way out of the office but I stop him.

"Jacob, can you stay please?" I ask and he nods. I need to know more.

"Tell me more about this man that approached Hope."

"Well like I said the man walked in to the club straight to the bar, sat next to her and made conversation with her."

"Do you know what they talked about?"

"No I was far. But there's was a moment he got closer to her, and she moved away, which is the moment i decided to get closer, so I am sure Hope doesn't know this man." He says and I nod at him. "Tom, do you really think it could be her dad?" Jacob asks.