Chapter 9 - Outing

Since making a new friend, Iida and the others came to visit Izuku every Sunday, so the children could play with each other. The teenagers just talked to Nezu, or even got tutored by him. They were falling behind and needed help with their studies. Izuku and Iida would talk and play, but mostly talk about how people their age do.

Iida even explained what was happening outside that Izuku hasn't seen in 2 years and his life story. Izuku was happy to hear all the stories Iida told him about, but wished he could go out as well.

Soon 1 year passed and they both were 4. Iida was getting his quirk soon and Izuku was wondering what to tell Iida about his quirk. Iida has been with Izuku for the past year and never saw Izuku leave UA or his house, so as a way to thank him for being a wonderful friend, he was going to free him.

On one Sunday, Iida came over with his brother and the other caretakers for a play date, or how the teenagers call it, their tutor session. Everything was going the same. Izuku dragged Iida to his bedroom and they closed the door, but once it was closed Iida suggested something Izuku never thought of.

"Izuku, we should sneak out." He suggested.

Izuku was surprised. Iida always wanted to follow the rules, yet he was suggesting something that could make the others mad.

"Why?" Asked Izuku.

Iida sighed. "You said you haven't been outside since you were 1, so why not go outside now after 3 years?"

"But, what if we make the others angry, or even worst, sad?" Complained Izuku.

"We can explain it to them later and I would take all the blame if they find out." Iida said.

"No! Then Ten-chan is in trouble. I don't want that."

Iida sighed again, "But don't you want to go outside?"

Izuku was silent and then made up his mind. "I will go, but we have to get back before the others realize."

Iida smiled and they quietly walked downstairs. They checked that they were all busy and saw that Nezu was sipping tea while the rest were studying. Iida walked towards the window and opened it. Once it was opened, he hopped out with Izuku following him. When they were out, Izuku looked around and saw people in the far distance. He faced Iida with gleaming eyes. Iida smiled and they ran around with Iida as the tour guide. Then they reached a forest.

"Hey Ten-chan, can we go in there?" Asked Izuku.

"Sure, but watch your step ok?" Iida recommend.

Izuku nodded and walked inside with Iida. They keep wondering around and Izuku took all of his surroundings. They were chatting about things, but they stopped when they head quiet cries. Izuku immediately rushed towards the sound and Iida followed him. They kept running until they saw a child crouched down on the floor with his hands around his legs and head in between them. The boy had bandages around his left eye and he had two different hair colours. They were split in half, with the white hair on the right and the red on the left.

Iida was cautious and didn't approach the kid, but Izuku was worried. It was plastered all over his face and he slowly walked towards the boy. Iida tried to grab his arm, but couldn't.

"Hey, are you ok?" Asked Izuku.

The boy looked up and saw Izuku with the sunshine right behind him. It made Izuku shine brighter and the child thought it looked cool.

He answered, "No, I'm not okay. My father poured boiling water on my face because I didn't use my quirk better in the training."

Izuku scrunched his brows together. "That's not nice. Does your father do that normally?"