32.

Song recommendation: Skyfall by Adele
-

What the fuck are you doing here space boy?

My hand clasped over my mouth as fast as I could to keep myself from screaming at the sight in the balcony.

"Excuse me, I need to go." I told Josephine before I stood urgently. "Right now."

"Okay..." I heard her voice fade.

I practically sprinted out of the ballroom, my dress bunched up in my hands, to the elevators. My heart was racing. I couldn't tell if I was angry or relieved. There was too much going on in the moment that I didn't know what to feel.

As I stepped into the elevator I realized that there was someone following behind me about thirty feet away. 

Julian.

He was absolutely fuming with anger. I saw him reach in his suit jacket again for his gun. He was going to kill me if he ever got in that elevator.

I pressed the close button on the key pad as fast as I could. My heart was racing. This was life or death.

"Where the fuck do you think you're-"

The doors closed.

I leaned back against the wall for a second. I was safe for the time being. I waited for a solid thirty seconds, hearing only my heartbeat and a jazzy little tune coming from the speakers above me. Nothing like a bit of elevator music after falling victim of attempted murder.

My brief moment of solace was over when the iron doors began to slide open. I didn't even wait for them to complete their movement before I squeezed in between them.

I rushed down the carpeted hallways, the golden glow emitting from the lights on the walls made it a little hard to recognize where I was going. The lights were dim, which washed everything in a yellow hue. I tried to visualize which balcony I'd been looking at.

I moved down the hallway, peeking into every opening, looking for the familiar face. It wasn't until my sixth try that I popped my head through the red velvet curtain and saw a mop of messy brown hair, laughing and smiling while speaking to some other men.

I brushed the curtain to the side, stepping fully into the balcony. Most eyes turned to me. They were probably wondering why this young chick was wandering into business class balconies.

"Nathan?" I said breathlessly.

It wasn't his name, but what's in a name anyway?

His eyes caught my figure. His face lit up like every spotlight had shone directly on him.

"Arabella." He broke out into a huge grin. "Excuse me." He said to the men he was talking to previously.

He approached me with outspread arms. Of course I let him in, allowing him to envelop me in his warmth. I pulled away to take a look at him. His hair had grown out even more since the last time I'd seen him, so had his facial hair. He looked so different from the last time I'd seen him, which I guess in this case was perfect.

"What's this?" I playfully touched his chin, covered in stubble.

"I don't know, thought it made me look a little more manly." He laughed, looking down at me with that stupid smile still plastered on his face.

"I like it." I told him genuinely.

"I thought you would." He brushed a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Can I talk to you in private for a sec?" I asked him.

"Yeah of course." He took my hand and lead me out into the hallway.