Chapter 45

Knox’s POV

The crowd separated to allow us to enter.   Vlad’s men were currently gathering up any living wolves and dropping them next to their leader.   Alpha George was crouched down low growling at them.   What a fool.  Did he honestly think he could defeat us?   Excitement coursed through my veins, I wanted blood and I wanted his blood.   How dare he threaten my mate and pack!  

Stopping a few yards back my mate commanded them all to shift.   Not having a choice, their wolves unwillingly submitted.   I smirked at their shocked faces as their bodies disobeyed them and obeyed the tiny women standing before them.  

“Before I allow my mate to tear you to shreds, please enlighten us as to why you want me dead?”

The pathetic man was momentarily shocked into silence as he took in Gaea’s purple eyes.   Many knew of the legend, but most did not believe in it.  

“It can’t be true…your eyes…”  Yeah wrong answer.

“I did not ask about my eyes Alpha George, I asked why you thought it was a good idea to attack our people in order to kill me.   What have I ever done to warrant such a sentence from you?” 

“Because I am to be Prime, not him but me.   That is what I was promised!  So you had to die, you all had to die.”

The man we delusional.  He was too weak to even be considered a Prime, otherwise his army wouldn’t have been that easy to defeat.    Hell they were so weak I wasn’t even needed in the battle.   My men easily took them down as I protected my mate.   And he expected to be Prime?   Yeah not happening.

Gaea remained silent as she looked around the field.   Our pack were all there and waiting her command, man it was a site to see hundreds of men and women following her lead.  I was so proud. 

Vlad’s men finished collecting the last of the living and threw them in the circle then moved to stand by him.   I nodded to my brother in thanks.   He was a key part in our success, although I would never tell him that, vampires tend to have very large egos.      

With an eerie calm voice my mate spoke again.   “Who promised you Alpha George?”

Finding the courage the man stood up, no longer wanting to appear weak.   He stared at her in defiance not answering. 

“Ah, cat got your tongue Alpha.   I could have one of my panthers help you with that.”

With that a few of the panthers stepped forward and growled.  Their high pitch roar echoed through the forest.   The Alpha’s remaining men all quivered with fear.   Pathetic.

Hey baby not to interrupt your interrogation but I have a suggestion.

Yes my black wolf, what is that?

Well any chance you can use your magic mojo and get his mate here?   This might move along a bit quicker. 

Excellent idea and worth a try.

Looking at my mate I noticed that her eyes squinted slightly as they focused on the mate mark situated on Alpha George’s shoulder.   Until he stood up and saw it, I did not know he was mated.  Suddenly a women appeared in the circle.   Confused she looked around until her eyes landed on her mate.   Anger coursed off the woman’s body.  

Before any of us could react the woman raised her hands and shot a lightning bolt towards my mate.  Gaea’s body absorbed the electricity as her body was pushed back a few feet.   As I turned to attack the woman my mate started laughing halting my movements.

“Well that tickled a bit. Now your turn.”  Raising her hand a purple stream shot out of her palm and connected with the woman’s chest.   A scream was torn from her as her body jerked from the power penetrating it.    As the light disappeared the body dropped to the ground leaving her on her hands and knees panting. 

Everyone remained still as they took in the power of their Luna.  

“So a witch huh.   You mated a witch and you had the audacity to call my pack misfits.   Well I guess I should say a prior witch.”

The crowd gasped.   It was unheard of to strip a witch of her powers and my mate did so in a couple minutes without difficulty.   The woman screamed as she felt her loss of magic.  

“Th-that’s not possible.   H-how…not p-possible.”   The witch stuttered and then looked at her mate…but he did not come forward to protect her.      What a poor excuse for a mate and alpha.

But he just stood there staring at her.   “You bitch!”  Before our eyes we watched the alpha shift and tear apart his mate!   Gasps filled the air as we watched him kill her piece by piece.   Gaea raised her hand, halting all movement from our side.   When the alpha was finished he fell to the ground shifting once again and looking utterly defeated.

Gaea stood there staring at him.   “So Alpha George, do you feel better?   I mean it is not every day that you find out your mate is not really your mate.   I am assuming that her magic was the reason for your bond.   I would feel sorry for you but her magic would have only controlled your bond to each other, but not your choices.   And you alpha, have made some really poor choices.   What is it now, 6 packs that you have destroyed?  How many innocent men, women, and children have you murdered?    That lays on your shoulders, not hers.   Oh I am sure she was the whisper in your ear, but ultimately the decision was yours. 

So now that you have killed my only source of finding out who real force is behind all of this, I would advise you to tell us what you know, otherwise my mate will not show you any mercy and neither will I.”

Man my mate was sexy in full goddess mode.   She just stood there calmly as he tore the witch to shreds, but hey I guess the man had the right.   Some witches were not to be trusted and this is the reason why.   She had to have been pretty powerful to carry of a fake bond, that or she had some help.  

But my mate was right, our source of information laid in pieces on the grass.  Now what?  The other alpha knelt there looking shattered.   Even though the bond was not true, to him it would still feel real and the pain from breaking it as well.  

With a slight nod the alpha surrendered and submitted by baring his neck to me.  

Before I could process the true weight behind that action my world went dark as voices drifted away…