Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Striker sat there looking down at the woman in his bed. He had heard plenty about this modern day hippy girl from Zane and Steel. They were pretty pissed off that they had to find a way to breed the animals the natural way because of her.

Seems she takes it upon herself to fight for a number of causes she finds or thinks, need her help. All he knew was that with every hair brained scheme she had. Their job got harder and more complicated. He checked the clock again and worried that she'd been out for an hour now.

Striker was on his feet the moment he saw her stir. "Don't try to move. You will likely be sore." As expected, she jerked and screamed in pain. He bolted and held her down. "Something told me, you would be uncooperative when you finally regained consciousness."

..........

Hope woke in a daze. Her head hurt. Damn, everything hurt. Even blinking made her eyelashes hurt. The moment she heard a voice, her first reaction was to sit up. What a big mistake that had been. It felt like a branding iron had just seared her back.

Yet even that was nothing compared to the pain she felt on her body from whatever jackass was holding her down. "Get off of me." She said through clenched teeth.

"Then stop thrashing around. You're only making it worse on yourself." Striker was slowly running out of patience.

Hopes body stilled as she finally focused her vision. She looked up and saw a stranger. Her brows furrowed as her mind raced to place the face. That only made her wince in pain. "I have neither the time nor patience to deal with figuring out who you are. Now, will you kindly take your paws off me and explain what the hell I'm doing in this bed."  

It was then that she realized she wore no shirt. "What the fuck, why is my shirt off. Were you having your way with me?" It was the only plausible answer. The last thing she remembered was that she had been on her way to Chicago. So what the hell was she doing here now and half dressed for that matter.

Hope had been so worried and coming up with answers to her question that she neglected to notice that the man had stepped back in shock. "You are some piece of work lady. I have more than my fair share of women eager and willing." It seemed she had pissed this man off.

"So enlighten me then as to why I'm half dressed, in pain and have you pawing at me." She saw the way his eyes hardened before he turned and pulled the chair that was behind him. He turned and straddled it before he spoke.   

"Where the hell where you going? I know for a fact your father ordered you to stay off this part of the land." His icy stare nearly had her cowering back. Nearly. It seemed to her he was not aware that she took orders from no one.

Fueled by his apparent anger she returned it tenfold and glared back just as icy. "You were ordered to stay off the land for a reason woman. Don't you get it? What the hell kind of fairytale land do you live in." She was getting mighty tired of his tone and verbal assault.

"You haven't answered my questions." She gritted out once more. Damn but he was making her head hurt.

She saw the moment the color drained from his face. That only made her stomach plummet. Oh no, had he taken advantage of her. She tried to flex her lady parts to see if she was in pain or sore. Once again, her internal thinking had the man getting irritated. Hope realized she did that a lot, but the alternative was worse.

"What did you do to me?" She demanded.

"I shot your tire out." The man said in anger as he got off the chair and hurled it across the room. Dear lord but her suspicions had been correct. He had assaulted her life not just her body. His anger had her scurrying to the edge of the bed. She only stopped when pain lanced her back and she screamed involuntarily.