Chapter 11 - Theodora's Confession

"How is everyone? Are you nervous?" Angelina stood up from the bench in the Quidditch tent.

Theodora, Harry, and Katie nodded while Fred and George swung their hand as if it's just another game.

"I'm nervous too, it's okay!" Angelina smiled faintly.

That made Theodora feel better because ever since Angelina became captain after Oliver left, she had a feeling nothing could disturb Angelina from her calm composure. Apparently, playing the final game of the year did the trick.

"We might not be playing against Slytherin and we have beaten Hufflepuff plenty of time but for most of us this is the last Quidditch game." Angelina looked at Katie, Fred, George, and Theodora.

"Harry, you'll probably be captain next year." She smiled gently at him but that didn't make Harry's nervousness disappear off his face.

"So, I am not going to make this long. We had a lot of practice matches in the past two weeks. It has been an honor to play with all of you. Truly, you are the best team a captain could ask for and I finally understand why Wood was so excited every time to play." Angelina said with tears in her eyes.

"He was excited to play because all he can think and talk about is Quidditch." Fred giggled.

"Also that, probably." Angelina couldn't fight back a chuckle.

"No matter what happens on that pitch today, know that I am proud of you and wish that we could play together some more." Angelina took a deep breath, trying to appear strong in front of her team.

"We got this! It's only Hufflepuff!" Fred threw his hands in the air.

"Are you lot ready to listen to Lee being on our side and thus get glared at by McGonagall one last time?" Angelina extended her arm and the rest put their hands over hers.

"We're ready!" The whole team shouted.

They all turned their heads when Madam Hooch stepped inside their tent.

"The game is about to begin." Her golden eyes sparkled with excitement.

Each of the team members took their broom and followed Madam Hooch out of the tent. The second they flew on the pitch, their ears were filled with Lee's voice.

"Witches and wizards, teachers, heads of house, and Headmaster!" Lee shouted into his microphone. "Today is the last House Cup match of this school year. Gryffindor vs Hufflepuff and it's going to be emotional!" Lee pretended to sob.

"Five members of the Gryffindor team are never going to be seen on this pitch again after today's game. The same goes for three members of the Hufflepuff team! I bet you are all curious to see who will be taking their place next year!"

"Remember Madam Hooch's whistle sound, seventh years, as you won't be able to get to hear this amazing melody again!" Lee heard McGonagall sigh behind him while it sounded like Professor Flitwick was sobbing next to her.

"The game has begun! The Snitch is out, the Quaffle is in Theodora Cork's hands and the Bludger is already searching for its first victim!" Lee clutched the microphone with excitement.

"And Cork scores! 10 – 0 for Gryffindor. Not really a surprise there! It's a miracle this girl isn't considering playing Quidditch professionally." Lee shook his head.

He understood and supported his favorite Quidditch trio to open their own joke shop but he couldn't help to think how amazing it would be if they all continued to play Quidditch. Perhaps, he wasn't ready to let go of his current job as a commentator just yet.