9 | 168 hours

NINE. GF-FORHIRE

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

the protagonist sighed as she plopped down on her well-made queen-sized bed at half-past nine in the evening.

to her, it felt like the past few hours had been weeks of endless basketball training. she'd just gotten back home, eaten, and showered. it was exactly nine in the evening when she bid her student goodbye.

teaching ushijima wakatoshi proved to be quite a challenge. she found out that he didn't know the first thing about women, much less relationships.

she started it off with the first step inside her published book- chapter one: introduce yourself.

"i am ushijima wakatoshi and i am the former ace of shiratorizawa, my goal is to play for the japan national team again-"

"shut up." was her blunt answer earlier, cutting the guy off abruptly.

he'd said it with such a monotone voice that she couldn't tell if he was being mocking, prideful, or not.

"for example, you're meeting me for the first time." she proposed.

his brows furrowed, "but we've met befo-"

she facepalmed, "just.. follow okay?"

the boy nodded, making the girl sigh a bit in relief. she put on a merry face and faced the guy.

"konnichiwa! i'm ymari seinaru! and you are?" she held out a hand for him to shake.

he blinked, looking at her outstretched hand and then back up at her face. "i'm ushijima wakatoshi."

"why aren't you shaking my hand?" she asked, going back to her former icy facial expression. "shake the hand, ushijima-sama."

he blinked at her hand and with reluctance, he engulfed her warm hands in his own gigantic ones. her hands were surprisingly warm. after being inside ushijima's shared dormitory that had the ac on in a very cold temperature, he expected her to at least shiver with the sheer amount of clothes she was wearing, but to his surprise she wasn't. they were seated on ushijima's bed, which honestly made the boy sort of uncomfortable as he was not used to having a woman inside his room- nevermind that it was shared by him and semi, the fact that his mentor was inside made him all kinds of giddy and uncomfortable.

"your hands are rough." he bluntly stated.

she retracted her hands, not really minding the sudden statement from the boy. she had deduced that he was in fact a person who spoke his mind more often than most, in the most neutral yet condescending way possible. kinda like her.

"thanks." she blew some stray hair from her face. "it's because i work a lot."

he raised an eyebrow at this, "you're working other jobs? isn't this and your coaching task enough?"