Chapter 53

"Who is Samantha?" I asked again, soaked in a pool of worry.

"I trusted you to not mention her name. Please leave." Hames drew his lips into a snarl.

"So you're sending me out of your house? Wow." Amamda snorted, glared at him from head to toe then angrily left the terrace.

"Hames, tell me who Samantha is right now." I ordered.

He gazed at me, anger was still burning in his eyes. Without another word, he walked away and left the terrace, letting my mouth drop to the ground.

I tried to let the fact that he was hiding a woman's identity sink into my head before leaving the terrace too.

Was Hames cheating on me? Was it because I wasn't fulfilling his sexual desires? Oh no, I was going to die if he left me alone for another woman. There was no way he had stopped loving me when I was already feeling this way for him.

I was still having an argument with myself whether or not I could tag this unique feeling and attraction as love. If not love, then what was called love? It had to be it but how was I ever going to say it to his face that I love him?

I returned to Lila and Nikita who were gazing at Hames as he stormed up the stairs.

"What's going on?" Lila asked.

"Did you have a fight?" Nikita asked too.

"No. Why would you think we had a fight?" I chuckled nervously and sat, hugging a throw pillow to my chest.

"Firstly, Amanda stormed out of the house then Hames angrily left, and you look like you have just seen a ghost." Nikita explained.

"Uh… it's nothing, really."

"Are you sure?" Lila drew her eyes in askance.

"Of course, it's really nothing." I forced a smile.

They both leaned back in their seats.

"You're so lucky to have a man like Hames in your life." Nikita chuckled. "It was so fun to remind you of your promise."

"You're so crazy. I felt like hitting your head with my fists." I balled my hands.

"You don't break your promises, remember?" Lila reminded me while I rolled my eyes. "You can roll your eyes all you want but you must have no other option than to fulfill your promise else you want him to leave you for another woman." I gulped at her words, silently praying that it wasn't happening already.

"Wait." Nikita leaned forward, squinting her eyes at me. "Don't tell me nothing has happened between you and Hames since you've been married."

"I don't feel comfortable discussing this part of my marital life with you." I folded my arms across my chest and turned my head away.

"It's actually a normal thing to have sex with your partner in marriage, you should know that." Lila stated matter of factly.

"What happened to the days of sleeping around with at least one new guy everyday?" Nikita asked.

"That's you, not me." I glared at her.

"Oh…" she looked heavenwards like realization just hit her. "I thought we were in it together."

"Please don't harm my baby's mind and keep your nonsense past and present lifestyle to yourself." Lila rolled her eyes while Nikita laughed.

"Okay, back to the topic of discussion. You're living in the same house, sleeping in the same room, on the same bed. Are you trying to be Jesus' mother?"