Chapter 82

Old Mrs. Xia came home at night and asked as soon as she walked in the door: "Xiao Liang, how did that girl look today?" 

When Xia Liang heard this, he turned his head and looked at Zhou Shuo. Zhou Shuo caught Xia Liang's gaze and suddenly stiffened.

Mrs. Xia didn't understand. 

"I am asking you. Why are you looking at Zhou Shou?" 

Xia Liang seemed to be trying his best to endure a smile: "Well, she's very beautiful and she has a good personality." 

"Really," Mrs. Xia laughed with satisfaction, "It's fine if you are satisfied. You will have more contact in the future...

But Zhou Shuo blushed and said, "Not good!" 

The old lady Xia was taken aback for a moment and said displeased: "I'm talking to Xiao Liang, what are you talking about?" 

Zhou Shuo insisted: "That woman is not worthy of the young master at all!"

Xia Liang turned around and said, "Zhou Shuo, don't talk about girls like that." 

"Anyway, you can't let her enter the door of Xia's house!" 

Zhou Shuo was agitated and uncharacteristically stubborn. 

The old lady Xia finally saw that something was wrong. Her face sank and then looked at Xia Liang: "What's the matter?"

Xia Liang couldn't tell the truth and sighed, "That girl looked at Zhou Shuo last year." 

"Huh—?" The old lady Xia stared in disbelief and then turned her head to look up and down Zhou Shuo.

"Grandma, don't be so surprised," Xia Liang said, spreading his hands. "Zhou Shuo is tall and handsome. Everywhere he goes, he is a handsome guy. It's not surprising that a girl would like him."

"Yes, but you are the eldest son of our Xia family!" Old lady Xia said angrily, "Does that girl know?

"She knows," Xia Liang said with a smile. 

"She said she doesn't mind Zhou Shuo's background. As long as Zhou Shuo wants, she can let Zhou Shuo join their Jiang family and after getting married, Zhou Shuo can also buy shares."

 Xia Liang said, turning his head to look at Zhou Shuo, "To be honest, that girl is really nice, simple and beautiful, has straight-forward character, and loves you at first sight. Why don't you really think about it?"

"I won't think about it!" Zhou Shuo refused without hesitation. 

The old lady Xia was so angry that she shuddered and pointed to Xia Liang and said: "You still dare to laugh? The girl that liked Zhou Shuo, are you not afraid of her spreading it out and being laughed at?"

"This is not a shame, right?" Xia Liang shrugged, "I think it's pretty good. Zhou Shuo is also regarded as our adopted son. If he can find a good marriage partner for him, wouldn't it save the elders' worries?"

Zhou Shuo was so depressed. He pursed his lips, but didn't say anything, and went upstairs with a strained face. 

Xia Liang didn't understand why Zhou Shuo was so resistant. 

He looked at Zhou Shuo's back for a while and suddenly spoke up: "By the way, Zhou Shuo will go to the army after graduation. This kid hasn't learned anything about this kind of thing..."

Old lady Xia took a sigh of relief and gradually calmed down. 

She stared at Xia Liang for a long while: "Xiao Liang, why do I feel that you are quite gloating?" 

"Huh?" Xia Liang immediately put away the smile on his face, "I also took this blind date seriously but the girl looked down on me. What can I do?"

Old lady Xia patted her thigh annoyedly: "I shouldn't have let Zhou Shuo follow you at the beginning. This kid is so handsome and is also a scourge."

Xia Liang couldn't help but said: "A twisted melon is not sweet. I have no fate with that girl. Even if we are barely together, should Zhou Shuo avoid her for a lifetime and keep her from seeing him? To be clear, I think this is a blessing."

Old Mrs. Xia thought about it carefully and it was indeed the reason. 

Finally, she sighed helplessly, patted Xia Liang, and said: "The most important thing about this is you. If you can think so transparently, I am relieved."

She paused and then said: "It's okay, this won't work. Let's find the next one. Our Xiao Liang's conditions are obviously also very good so we won't encounter blind girls all the time."

Xia Liang was afraid that she would arrange a blind date again within a few days and said hurriedly: "Grandma, don't worry about this, don't worry." 

After Xia Lin returned to school, he spent most of the day in the library. 

On the way back to the dormitory at night, he received a call from Song Yan: "Xia Lin, have you already returned to school now?"

"Hmm." Xia Lin casually replied. 

"I'm sorry. I have been so busy today that I can't clear my schedule. I'm only free to call you now..." 

Xia Lin thought blankly, you don't have to say sorry to me, really.

He just listened to Song Yan continue: "Are you in the dormitory now? I want to come and see you." 

"Don't you--" Xia Lin paused, "If you are finished, go back to wash and sleep early. Don't always think about running to meet me."

"But, I want to see you." 

Xia Lin took a deep breath and tried to control his impatience: "Song Yan, we are not in a relationship and I have no obligation to meet your requests."

"I'm not asking you, I'm just requesting." 

"The request is not okay. I read a book for a day and I am tired and want to go to bed early." 

"Then tomorrow I..."

"Don't come tomorrow! Don't come anymore! Song Yan, please stop pestering me like this. My brother already knows it. You better restrain yourself." 

Suddenly there was no sound on the other end of the phone.

Xia Lin waited. Before the other party could speak, he was about to hang up. 

Suddenly, he heard Song Yan's voice trembling slightly: "He knows everything?" 

"Well, he knows it all." Xia Lin decided to scare him.

Song Yan was silent for a while, suddenly said something in a low voice, and then quickly hung up the phone. 

"Hello?" 

Xia Lin didn't hear him clearly at all. He looked at the phone for a while for some reason, then shook his head and continued to walk to the dormitory.