CHAPTER 16

Analise's POV

In the list of 'My most stupid decisions', this one surely took the first place.

"I am so going to regret this." I said to myself as I walked through the castle halls, looking in every corner. "Where is he?" I turned another corner and entered the less frequented part of the castle.

'You know you don't have to do this right?'

"I know." I replied. "But, I feel like grandmother knew exactly what she was saying. You cannot just throw a random advice and it is exactly the one you require. I mean, don't you find it odd? I never spoke to her about a mate or Alexander. Yet, she knew that somehow, I would need advice about being patient and talking."

'You are right.' She said. 'Thanks for doing this despite his hurtful words'

"I think I have mastered the subtle art of 'not giving a fuck' over the past few days."

'Here goes nothing.' Crescent said out of nowhere and I felt his presence near me. Indeed he was a few steps away from me, walking in the opposite direction. I did not know if he was ignoring me or he did not know I was here.

The halls here were not guarded. It was the perfect place to try to talk to him. I took in a deep breath, calming my nerves and my mind before I used my werewolf speed. I was behind him in no time and I pulled him into one of the vacant rooms in the hallway.

My hands were on fire as sparks went off between my palm and his arm. The touch was electrifying as it spread throughout my entire body. I realised that it was actually the first time I have touched him and this was definitely not how I expected to feel.

The first step I took in the room, he turned around, getting free of my grip. Both his hands closed around my wrists as he backed us up to the wall behind me. He held both my hands above my head in a tight grip as he glared down at me. For a split second I saw something flash in his eyes but I could not decipher his emotion.

Was it because the sparks?

Was it because he was pissed after last time?

With a swift movement of my hand, the door locked next to us but he did not realise it since he was busy glaring at me. At that time I was thankful of my werewolf genes due to which I was tall. I was not short with my 5ft 9 height but he towered over me with his 6 ft 4 height. As much as I liked feeling the sparks, I spoke up. "You know you can let go of my hands right?" He let out a breath as he released hands, taking a few steps backwards and putting some distance between us.

"I don't have time for this." He said under his breath, irritated as he moved past me towards the door. He looked like he wanted to be anywhere else but here and I did not doubt that. He grabbed the door knob, twisting it around but the door did not open.

Frustrated, he turned around. "Open the door right now."

"I did not lock it." I said nonchalantly. "You had my hands in a grip. Remember?"

"Then tell whoever you told to lock the door to unlock it." His voice came out hard, cold and void of any emotions. There was not even a hint of the frustration he showed only seconds ago.

"I will." He did not move nor did he say anything but I could see his questioning look as to why I agreed so easily. "But, we need to have a talk first." Before he could object I added. "A real talk. Not half sentences. No excuses. I need my answers."

"What answers do you need now?" He asked. "Why am I not letting you tell people we are mates?" I nodded reluctantly. "It's for the good. For me. For you. For everybody."