TEN YEARS LATER... (happy one year to princess!)

After much time spent healing, life in the Safe Haven was pure bliss.

"Are we really trying this again?"

It was the crack of dawn. The sun had only just risen above the horizon, sending shards of colour all across the sky and over the small ripples on the water. The fresh air on Florence's face was something she would never take for granted; the mist from the sea and the soft scent of the fruits growing in their groves always took part in brightening her day.

"Yes. Of course we are."

Florence sent her brother off to get ready for the day ahead of them, weary eyed and barely awake. On the contrary, she was already raring to go; bright eyed and smiling.

She turned back to her shack to bid a quick goodbye to her husband and son. Opening the door slowly and cautiously, the light the summer brought fell onto the bed that Minho and Ben were curled up on.

Ben, their first and only child - labour was far too painful for Florence to undergo again - had crawled into their bed that night after complaining of bad dreams. He was snoring soundly next to a waking Minho who had unfortunately caught the light entering the room directly in his eyes.

Minho had that look upon his face, the one that echoed almost the exact same words Thomas had spoken to her moments ago: Are you really trying this again? 

Florence was adamant that she and her brother would be able to catch some fish this time. They had tried it before, precisely four times, heading out on a small fishing boat early each morning and just waiting and waiting for something to happen.

They had a few close moments, in which one of them had felt something pulling on their fishing line - but when they yanked it out of the water they only found seaweed or nothing. They mostly spent the time out there talking, discussing official Safe Haven business or their own family lives.

Minho had managed to sneak out of bed without disturbing Ben, and wrapped his arms around Florence in a hug, planting kisses across her cheeks and forehead. She squirmed in his grasp, pretending to try and wrestle her way away from him, but ultimately leaned into his chest.

"Fishing again?" He murmured, to which she nodded.

"I'm determined to catch a fish! I'm providing for our family." She joked as quietly as possible, and Minho chuckled lowly before planting one last kiss on her head.

"Go provide whilst I go back to bed."

Florence hadn't even left the hut when Minho had passed out, fast asleep on their bed. She glanced at him fondly, and then at her son, before slipping out of the room to eat before she left.

The camp was just beginning to buzz with energy. Some people were always up at this time, such as Vince, but Florence couldn't say the same. She admired the hard workers who got the Safe Haven raring to go every morning; those who made breakfast in preparation for everyone to wake up, those who did early morning patrols, those who started on farming.

The camp worked in beautiful harmony because everyone did their fair share of work.

Florence found her brother sat at a bench and enjoying his breakfast. He looked a little less tired than earlier, but she knew from experience that his son - just under a year old - was probably causing him a lot of exhaustion.

He and Newt named their son Chuck. Brenda, being an absolute sweetheart, was their surrogate. She had actually recently started dating Gally, after years of them denying feelings for one another, and neither of them really wanted kids of their own.