THIRTEEN

Carter had picked me up from my condo and insisted he'd give me a ride

Carter had picked me up from my condo and insisted he'd give me a ride. It was a complete and total surprise but I don't mind having my own personal chauffeur for a day. Especially since he'll be giving me a ride back home too.

I...don't know how Carter and I never got started hanging out together sooner.

I love hanging out with him. Gio is practically in love with him ever since we hung out at the ice cream shop. He met my parents before when we were only friends but I told my mom that he and I were seeing each other and she was ecstatic. It was safe to say he got the stamp of approval from everyone except...Ryan and Cyrus.  Who actually loves Carter as a friend but is trying to be loyal. Then there's Justine and Jesse. But his opinion doesn't matter much.

We walk into the building hand & hand holding a cup of coffee in our other hands that aren't conjoined.

He walks me to my office, and on the way there we pass by Leslie who is actually sitting at her desk on time for work.

We stop at her desk and say, "Well do my eyes deceive me, or is Leslie Winters at work before me?" and this causes her to roll her eyes while she proceeds to unzip her jacket.

"I do have a perception of time. What can I say? I guess I woke up and smelled the roses or something." She gives me a smirk and I narrow my eyes at her, looking up at Carter as he seems to be giving me the same look of confusion.

Dismissing her actions as just another day of Leslie being Leslie. I laugh lightly and say, "Ok, Girl. Whatever you say." she smiles widely at me before picking up her phone and typing furiously answering a text message.

Carter and I continue our stroll to my office. I let go of his hand to twist the doorknob to my office to open the door.

I push the door open and my jaw drops as I look around.

There are multiple bouquets and buckets of roses that are quite literally covering every square inch of my office. Rose petals scattered in front of the entrance that I accidentally stepped on before I saw it.

There are about four bouquets on my desk, bouquets in front of my desk. Four buckets just casually sitting on my couch, Another four sitting in front of my couch, blocking me or anyone that would try to sit.

Literally, every inch is covered in bouquets or rose petals and the smell in here is absolutely gorgeous.

I'm having trouble even walking to my desk because I don't want to trip on any of the arrangements.

Carter is struggling too, looking around the office in shock and awe. Neither of us believing how wild all of this looks. I manage to push through the arrangements on the ground and walk over to my desk. When I pull out my desk chair, I see that there's a smaller bouquet sitting on the seat with a small note peaking out.

I look at Carter as he continues to look at all the flowers on his own. I wonder who sent me all this? It couldn't have been a client, could it?

Though there was that one moment I had with Brad Pitt the other day but I don't think I gave him any indication that I wanted a sugar daddy or anything.

I pick up the bouquet and take a quick look at Carter to make sure he's still occupied by the flowers, When I see he's still looking at them, I turn the bouquet around looking for the note I saw before. Picking it up, it reads:

Roses are Red

Violets are Blue

Your Windows are Clear

My love for you should be too.

Meet me for Dinner at Ashton's at 7 pm

Wear my favorite color too.

If you're not there by 7:01

Then I'll have to come find you.

It was very obvious who sent these.

And what is up with him and my windows?

Despite the fact that I know he couldn't have written all this himself. I couldn't help but swoon as I re-read the card over and over again. I'm interrupted from reading when I hear Carter say, "Do you know who sent you all this?"

I jump and I look up to find him staring at me and pointing at the note in my hands, "Is that a note?"

I shake my head furiously, "Um No. No. It's not. It's just a tag. The company th-that the person bought the flowers from." I say folding up the note and throwing it in the trash can next to me for dramatic effect and he nods at me.

"Oh alright." he nods

"I don't know who sent it though." I lie, "It was probably like a client or something."

He snaps his fingers and grins, "You did say that Brad Pitt stared at you a little longer than he should have." and I smile awkwardly and look up at the front door when we both hear it open.

The door opens and we both see Leslie who casually strolls through, "Oh my gosh!" her jaw drops, "It looks like a meadow in here!" she grins widely at me.

"You know, I wonder who gave this to you! Whoever sent this is certainly a keeper. What a sweetheart!" she says again a bit too gleefully and my eyes narrow at her as she clears her throat averting her eyes away from me.

"It must've taken some time to put all these in here, huh Carter?" she looks over at him and Carter nods agreeing with her, "Someone must really be into you, Karma," she says again and I shake my head with a tight smile on my face.

"We think Brad Pitt has a crush on her," he says to her and Leslie throws her head back and laughs clapping her hands twice.

"That man certainly has the funds to go all out like this." She says to him

"It was certainly a Brad alright." she crosses her arms looking around with a smile, "It was certainly a Brad."

Narrowing my eyes at her again, I come to the conclusion that she knows something I don't. She always does. It's why she and Justine clicked so easily when they first met each other a few years ago back when Leslie wasn't even my secretary. They both love being...observant.

She looks back up at me, with an innocent smile, "Is there a note, Karma?" she smiles sweetly and I shake my head with the same tight grin on my face and her smile only grows wider.

"What a shame that is. Isn't it?" she grins, flipping her hair over her shoulder, giving a small flirtatious wave to both myself and Carter, "You two love birds have fun now." she says strutting out the door to go back to her desk.

--------------------------------------------

[A/N] Not Karma getting a not-so-secret admirer