stream debut

Leaning back in your chair, you sat behind the camera, giving Wilbur a quick smile before he started stream. He clicked a few buttons, immediately jumping into greeting his audience, and you zoned out, assuming that you could spend a few hours chilling or doing some work, out of sight and mind.

"...and my personal assistant is here too!"

Raising an eyebrow, you gave Wilbur the biggest death stare you could, tutting when he responded with a grin. He clapped his hands.

"They all wanna see you, Y/N."

Sighing, you stood up, carefully stepping over a few wires, walking into view of the camera, crouching down a little so they could actually see your face, which had the best fake smile you could slap on, the chat on-screen moving way faster than you could read. You waved awkwardly, glancing at Wilbur so he could tell you what to do, but he shrugged his shoulders in response, giving the camera a smug look. You rolled your eyes. "Uh-hi? I'm Y/N, Wilbur's personal assistant. Nice to meet you, I won't be in front of the camera for long."

"No, chat wants to ask you questions!" Wilbur argued, pulling another chair from the side for you to sit on, pulling at your arm so you had no choice but to sit, fidgeting anxiously.

Are they dating?

Nahhh they're not, right?

Y/N's kinda pretty

ARE YOU TWO DATING????

WILBUR GET AWAY FROM THE CAMERA WE WANNA SEE Y/N

This is so funny pls-

They look like they're dating istg

What does being a personal assistant include? :D

You relaxed, glad to finally see a proper question. "I just organise his life, basically," you laughed, reading through as chat made fun of Wilbur. "Cause he can't do it himself."

"I'll fire you," he said, but his voice lacked any venom, and there was a twinkle in his eye, so you shook your head, grinning. "Anyway, chat stop asking if we're dating-let's play some minecraft, Y/N."

"I thought I'd just be behind the camera...fine."

~~~

An hour into playing minecraft, you were honestly tired, wanting to go back behind the camera, where you didn't have to keep laughing at jokes and answering questions. Your face hurt from all the smiling you had been doing-you just didn't want to seem mean, just in case the internet thought you were a bitch or something.

Wilbur mined an iron ore with a wooden pickaxe, blinking when nothing appeared, and you looked into the camera with a deadpan stare, concerned as to why someone who literally played games for a living didn't know one of the basic rules of minecraft. The chat seemed to share your frustration, spamming the words "stone pickaxe" over and over, but Wilbur still stared blankly at his screen. Rolling your eyes, you leant forward, placing one hand over his on the mouse, turning his character to face the ground before clicking so that he could mine some stone. "There. Stone pickaxe."

Someone clip that rn-

CLIP CLIP CLIP

DID YOU SEE THAT OMG SJKNASNDAKSNJ

Is Wilbur blushing????

Dumbass imagine mining with a wooden pickaxe

Thank god Y/N is here

You nodded appreciatively at the camera, happy that chat seemed to like you. Wilbur huffed a little, flipping off the camera when he thought you were distracted.

The discord ringtone rang out, startling both of you, and Wilbur opened the app, smiling when he saw it was Tommy, before answering it. "Ayup."

"I wanna talk to Y/N."

You gave Wilbur a questioning look, and he gestured for you to speak, moving the mic closer to your face. "Hi?"

"Who are you?"

"Wilbur's...personal assistant. Like I said before."

"Is Wilbur a bitch?"

You frowned for a second, before dissolving into peals of laughter, clapping your hands, completely taken by surprise-well, it was Tommy, what did you really expect? Taking a deep breath, you tried to hold back your laughter to no avail, Wilbur's offended expression not helping you at all; he looked like someone had slapped him in the face. "What do you mean, am I a bitch?" he asked, leaning in close to the mic, as if Tommy was right in front of him, pointing an accusatory finger at the camera.

"I asked Y/N and not you, dickhead."

You could hear the smile in Tommy's voice, and you gently pushed Wilbur away from the mic so you could speak. "Sometimes."

"What do you mean-get off camera, Y/N. I'm wounded." Wilbur held a hand to his heart like you had shot him right there, his face contorted into a fake expression of pain, so melodramatic that you couldn't help but laugh, standing up while covering your mouth with your hand, awkwardly navigating over wires, sitting back down behind the camera. He winked at you, before instantly jumping into bickering with Tommy, both of them sounding exactly like siblings.

~~~

Stretching your arms, you relaxed back into the chair, feeling a little relieved that you weren't in front of the camera anymore, letting the noise in the background fade as you zoned out, yawning.

"Being a streamer is difficult," you said, closing your laptop as Wilbur sighed, turning off his computer.

"Tell me about it-at least everyone liked you."

"Yeah, and now they think we're dating..." you put your laptop away in your bag, standing up and stretching, wanting to go home and sleep. Those emails had really tested your patience, some of them asking for Wilbur to advertise literal nonsense, like vitamins that were meant to make you smarter because they were made from the salt from a particular "special" sea.

That was just a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Wilbur had remained quiet, so you looked up, tilting your head in confusion when you saw he was frozen in place, almost like he was thinking very hard about something. He noticed you staring and smiled awkwardly, moving away from the desk. "You worked hard today. Thank you."

"Gotta keep you in place, you know?" you smiled back, slinging your bag over your shoulder. "That's all for today, right? See you tomorrow!"

"Oh, and remember for my coffee, I want-"

"I KNOW!"