hangover

Head pounding, you groggily sat up, waiting for that stupid pigeon to start cooing at you to wake up, keeping your eyes shut and holding a hand to your head.

The pigeon was silent.

Forcing your eyes open, you blinked, seeing a room that definitely wasn't yours, the bedsheets neat on the side where you weren't sleeping, an empty mug of coffee on the bedside table. The mug had a picture of an anteater, with text underneath that said "I hate anteaters." That meant-

"Good morning."

Wilbur waved at you from the door, a tray balanced on his hand, and he laughed at your shocked expression, sauntering in. "Someone got a little too drunk yesterday."

Well, that explained the headache. Sighing, you rubbed the sleep out of your eyes, letting him place the tray on your lap, two slices of toast neatly placed on a plate, along with a cup of coffee looking back at you, both steaming.

"I made you breakfast."

"Oh-I'm sorry for this, I-"

"Nah, you were very nice when drunk." He leant in with a smirk, patting you gently on the head. "You have pretty eyes too, Y/N."

Blushing, you wanted to smack yourself for being so stupid, but you took a slice of toast instead, letting that distract you from the embarrassment, avoiding eye contact. The place where he had patted you tingled a little bit, and you were almost tempted to ask him to do that again.

Almost.

"This is the first time I'm awake before you," he pointed out matter-of-factly, a small expression of pride on his face.

"And the last," you retorted, shoving another slice of toast into your mouth. Even on your day off, you were spending it with Wilbur.

Well, if he made you breakfast, that wasn't too bad.

(A/N-double upload cause I realised this was a really short chapter lmao)