thirty one - popsicles

(I have my driving test today so this will be the only update. Enjoy and I'll see you guys on Saturday!)

Sasaki was managing to get Seirin points, but he wasn't all powerful. He could stop Aomine some of the time, but the Touou ace lived up to his name of one of the best in the generation of miracles.

Soon, the clock read five minutes and forty seven seconds left, the scores being tied at 82. Sasaki stood in front of Aomine as the Touou Ace bounced the ball beside himself.

Sasaki breathed out slowly. Suddenly, the ball was no longer beside Aomine, but in the white haired boy's hands as he whirled around him. Aomine's eyes widened, so that wasn't his top speed!

"Sorry, you were being slow so I decided to take the ball. Hope you don't mind," Said the boy as he headed towards Seirin's goal. As he went for a three, he dodged Aomine's hand and tossed the ball into the basket (85).

"Teme," Aomine smirked, "Good, that's how it should be."

The two zoomed around the court, stealing the ball if the pass was too slow, shooting and getting blocked, shooting and making it, repeatedly. Sasaki would use Kuroko and the others to help him get around Aomine, while Aomine would just power through.

Kagami was in awe--no, the whole stadium was in awe as the score gap didn't widen in the slightest. Each time one of the aces scored, the other would score right back. The redhead knew then, this was what Aomine had been talking about. He really was only a flicker compared to the two of them.

I want to get stronger, Kagami growled in his mind.

Heal first ya dummy, Sasaki replied, chortling and shaking his head. That instance was enough time for Aomine to throw the ball into the hoop, getting another two points added to Touou's score.

The back and forths went on for a while longer, neither side willing to give up. With only a few seconds left, Sasaki scored, making it 101 Seirin to 100 Touou.

"You fought hard, until the very end," Aomine muttered as the ball was thrown to him. "But I think I'll take my win now," He and Sasaki darted across the court, the entire stadium loud with cheers for each of them.

Three seconds left.

Aomine stopped mid run, and Sasaki followed suit as they both jumped.

Two seconds left

The Touou ace smiled as he made eye contact with Sasaki. Then, he shot the ball.

One second left.

The basket shooshed around the ball as it fell through, and the points were added to the score. The buzzer sounded, signalling the end of the fourth quarter and of the game.

It was Touou's win; 103 to 101.

~•~

"Oi, Sasaki let's go," Aomine pounded on the door to Seirin's locker room. Sasaki looked up, remembering what he had said.

"Gimme a second! How'd you get ready so fast?" Sasaki called out, gathering his stuff and putting on his jacket. "You guys mind if I head out first? I kinda said I'd hang out with Aomine after the game," He informed them, and almost all jaws dropped.

"Huh?! You're hanging out with that bastard?!"

"He said he'd tell me how he does his shots!" The white haired male reasoned, so Riko shooed him off.

"Took you long enough," Aomine grumbled as the two walked together.

"You're just fast," Sasaki replied with a chuckle. The Touou ace frowned at him, wanting to ask why he was so chipper even after he'd lost, but decided against it.

"Gimme your number."

"My number?" Sasaki repeated, and in response the other male held out his hand. "Oh, sure. Here you go," He handed over his phone, so Aomine input his number and sent himself a text before giving it back. "So, what are we gonna do?"

"I was thinking of going to get popsicles," He muttered, so Sasaki agreed with a hum. They exited the stadium together, heading to a convenience store.

Suddenly before they got there, Sasaki's phone rang. "Go for Sasaki."

"Hey man, how you holding up?" One of the people he played with in street ball asked. "We just watched the game, you did really well."

"Ha, thanks. I'm okay, Aomine was just too much for me at the moment I guess," Sasaki replied, chuckling sheepishly. "But we have two more games, as long as we win those we should be in the interhigh."

"I hope so, it'd be a shame if you guys stopped here," He said, "The guys and I wish you luck. Hasegawa-san and Sassa-san do too."

"WE LOVE YOU SAUCE-MONSTER, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!"

"SHUT UP HIROSE!"

"Tell them I said thanks, even if they can hear me," Sasaki grinned, "Anyway, I have to go. Cheer for me again next time!"

"For sure!" With that said, he ended the call and turned to Aomine.

"Sorry about that."

"No problem," Aomine grumbled, obviously having a problem with it. Sasaki chuckled, bumping into him playfully.

"Cheer up man! You just won a really close game," He reminded him, and Aomine rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, I guess. Come on, the store's over there," He gestured with his head towards the store on the opposite side of the street. Going in, the two headed to the frozen goods section.

"Here we are," Sasaki picked up a box of popsicles. "Think we can polish these off on our own?"

"Nah, let's just go with the singles," Aomine suggested, so Sasaki put the box back and the two picked up individual popsicles. At first, Aomine was obstinate about paying himself, but when Sasaki insisted he had money to burn by showing his card to him, the ace relented. "So, your parents?"

"Hm?" Sasaki glanced beside him as he sucked on his popsicle. "Oh, that. Both, actually. I get an allowance from my parents but I also secretly own a few KFC's cause I like to eat there so much," He explained to him.

"Secretly?" Aomine raised an eyebrow, and a sad look appeared on Sasaki's face.

"Yeah. I'd rather not talk about it right now, if you don't mind."

"Fine," He sighed, bumping into him with a slight smile. "Tell me when you're ready."

"Sure," Sasaki smiled back. "What about you? I think it's time you tell me your secrets~ especially about that one behind the back," He eagerly asked, when suddenly a puff of smoke came from the alley they were passing by, along with a few laughs. Immediately, the white haired boy started coughing.

"You fuckers," Aomine growled. Sasaki slowly realized he was no longer beside him. By the time he could see where he was, there was blood. And bodies. "Don't interrupt my time with Sasaki!"