Wattpad Original
There are 61 more free parts

whistle

verb ~ emit a shrill, clear hi-pitched sound

The next morning Sean was in my bed again. He had fallen asleep on top of my covers, his head at the foot of my bed. It was him kicking me in the chest, that woke me up.

"Sean." I groaned.

"What time is it?" He mumbled.

I blearily checked my watch and sighed. "Seven o'clock."

He cursed under his breath. "How about just a run today?"

"Sounds good to me."

"Fifteen miles it is." He grunted and pulled himself from my bed.

I gaped at him. "You serious? I've never done more than twelve!"

He shrugged and cracked his knuckles. "It's that or a whole range of things."

I sighed. "Fine."

"Great. Meet me for breakfast in half an hour?"

I nodded. "Okay, okay."

"See you in a bit Novie." He smirked as he opened my door.

I rolled my eyes and he disappeared behind it. I pulled myself from my bed and sauntered to my bathroom. I turned on the shower and stripped of my clothes but just as I was about to get in, I heard a knock at my door.

I cursed and pulled on my robe. "Have you forgotten something, Sean?"

I opened the door and was surprised to see it wasn't Sean but someone else entirely. His brown eyes widened at me in equal surprise before he cleared his throat.

"I just came to talk to you about something..." Charlie smiled.

"I just woke up." I yawned

"Sorry... Did-Did Sean spend the night?" Charlie wondered, looking behind me. "Is he here?"

"If you're here to complain about Sean sleeping in my room, tell that to him and his lazy butt. He's the one who moans about my bed but falls asleep here." I grunted, crossing my arms.

"I can come back later?" He asked.

"I'm about to shower so that would be better."

"Will you be coming down for breakfast?" He wondered.

I nodded, keeping my guard up. Something was strange here; Charlie never usually comes to my door.

"Okay, I'll see you down there."

"Okay..." I waved and quietly shut my door.

Was there something going on I wasn't aware of? Why was it everyone was having breakfast at the same time today?

I shrugged out of my robe and finally got in the shower. I forgot to shower last night so remnants of mud and grass are still stuck to me and no doubt my bed sheets. I will have to change them after working out.

Once I was washed, I secured the towel around me before going to open my curtains to see what weather I had to deal with. Looking at the sky in the distance I'd say the sun was in my favour.

Too busy looking above the trees I only just saw a flash of something dart through them. I narrowed my eyes in suspicion, a prickly sensation surfacing on my skin. It even made Cel's hackles raise in my mind, something didn't feel right.

I hummed and went back to my wardrobe to choose my clothes for the day. Do I dare brave shorts today? I'd be running in the heat which could mean sunburn however most of it is under the trees so protection? But did I have the confidence yet?