Part 66: The Temple and the trial

When I heard the carriage come to a stop, I took in a big breath and turned to face the door. 

The footman's face came into view once the door opened, and I stepped out onto hard gravel. 

Several eyes were on me but I held my head high as if I didn't see them at all. 

There was no need to pay attention to them, and the best way to see the main actors in this show was inside the court. 

My mind worried over whether Onii-sama would truly come, but I knew he would not ignore something like this. 

Although I was the one who presented the evidence, it would be much more convincing with Onii-sama here. 

Rumours of Albert and his lover had already been processed throughout this country, and so had the news of me falling out of favor. 

I was a women, and they made it clear that a women's future power would come through her husband in this country. 

With the future duke backing me up, who would dare to question us?

I certainly didn't like the fact that I was using Onii-sama like this, but it couldn't be helped. 

I had to destroy the Temple so Ivy couldn't crawl up to the top over my head and announce my execution!

The doors to the court were pushed open for me respectfully, and I walked in. 

My eyes glanced around to find out where Onii-sama was standing. 

But the first thing that attracted my eye was the otherworldly man praying as if this were a church. 

His white long hair streamed down his back, and he was muttering something to the gods. 

I immediately recognised him as the High Priest, who was in a disguise at the tournament.

I narrowed my eyes as I knew he came there to watch over Ivy and my progress. 

He probably deemed me too dangerous for Ivy's growth, and I wouldn't believe he had absolutely no hand in the 'poisoning'. 

He couldn't have someone else having an upper hand than Ivy. 

Wouldn't it be a huge gain for the Temple if the crown prince's lover became saintess? 

And if that saintess became the Queen of this country, the Temple wouldn't have to worry anymore about losing power. 

They would stand on a firm ground thanks to Ivy's contribution as she was worshipped and respected at the same time. 

However I was probably the biggest thorn in this plan of theirs. 

But to think that they would cause harm on Ivy for this..........

I made me a bit frustrated to know that the heroine was a chess piece in someone else's plan. 

But it made sense for her to willingly become one as long as she got what she wanted in the end. 

Although I wasn't sure if she even knew the Temple was going to use her like this, knowing her narrow-minded intelligence. 

It was a win-win situation for the player and chess piece, either way. 

The Holy Priest truly had the appearance of a messenger from God and looked as if he could not harm a single fly. 

But appearances are one of the biggest deceiving factors. 

His long white eyelashes flashed open as he finished his prayers, and he stood still to wait for the trial.

I raised my eyes as Onii-sama came into the courtroom, not too late nor too early.