[12]

[12]

- EDEN -

-

I DIDN'T EXACTLY know why I felt so comfortable, but as soon as I opened my eyes, I realized why.

My pillow was thrown across the room and my bare leg was slung over Atlas's. To make matters worse, my arms were loosely wrapped around his arm, using it as a makeshift pillow. His hand was basically resting on my thigh.

With a gasp, I pushed myself away from him. Miscalculating the size of the bed, I went toppling over the side and landed on the floor.

"Ow," I winced, sitting up slightly and trying my hardest not to look at Atlas. My cheeks burned as I rose to my full height.

With difficulty, I brushed my tangled hair off of my face and stopped. Atlas was staring at me, the same book from the airplane in his hands. It was almost done.

"Stop looking at me," I grumbled under my breath. He frowned a little and said nothing, turning his head back to his book. I rolled my eyes and turned to grab my phone. I hated how he was so confident and quiet. It pissed me off.

I noticed that there was a text from Leah and swiped it open.

Leah: Get ready and come to our room.

As I finished typing in my response and shutting off my phone, I watched Atlas walk into the bathroom. I frowned. I was hoping that I'd be able to use it first. I shook myself from my thoughts and grabbed some clothes from my bag. I decided to stick with a short-sleeved blue shirt and a pair of blue jeans.

I waited for a long while to hear the shower start but heard nothing. With a huff, I laid my clothes down on the bed and walked over to the bathroom. I knocked on the door but heard no response.

I let out a soft groan and knocked again, "Atlas?"

Again, no answer.

With an inaudible huff, I walked away and slipped my shoes on. As I ran my hand through my hair, I faltered, glancing at the bathroom. What was he doing?

Biting my lip softly, I walked back over to the bathroom. I softly knocked on the door, "Atlas?"

In response, a small hum came from him. I frowned, "A-Are you okay?"

He coughed lightly, his voice hard and tense, "I'll be out in a little."

I nodded and grabbed my phone, clothes, and toiletries. I'd give him some space and instead, change in Leah and Julia's room. I walked out the door, frowning to myself in thought.

Maybe he was just getting dressed or something even though I didn't see him walk in with anything in his hands.

He wasn't showering because I didn't hear the water start. I don't know why it was freaking me out so much, but it did. Maybe he just wanted some privacy and that was hard since we shared a room. I nodded to myself. Yes, that was most likely it.

I arrived at the girl's room and knocked on the door. When nobody answered in the first three seconds, I frowned. I was not going to get locked out again. I smiled in relief when Leah opened the door.

She frowned at me. "Why aren't you dressed?"

I shrugged, coming up with an excuse, "I- Um... Atlas was taking forever in the bathroom."

She smiled, "Well, you're in luck. I just finished with my shower and Julia hasn't woken up yet."

I smiled, "Thank God."