Ch. 51

Cali's POV

" We have 30 minutes left Ms

" We have 30 minutes left Ms. Cartier." My therapist said to me.

I continued to look out the window, looking down at the traffic that was 36 floors below. This was my 2nd therapy session, and I hadn't said one word to my therapist. I went to physical therapy yesterday, and I really didn't want to be bothered with this shit today.

" Since you've decided not to talk again. How about I tell you some things about me. Is that ok with you?" She asked causing me to shrug my shoulders.

" As you know my name is Veronica. I am married. I've been married for 12 years. I have 3 children. I've been a therapist for 18 years. My favorite color is orange. What about you?"

I just looked at her.

She nodded her head as she smiled, " There's no rush. It's fine. We'll just try again the next session."

" Actually try today Cali. At least try bruh." I remembered Key telling me earlier.

" Blue." I said lowly.

" Huh?"

" My favorite color is blue." I said a little bit louder.

" That's my son and husband favorite color."

" Have you always like that color?" She asked.

" No, it use to be black, but as when I was a kid. It was just a color I've turned out to like over time. I said.

" Speaking of you being a child. What was your childhood like growing up?"

This bitch slick. Y'all see how she just snuck that in there? I probably should watch some of the shit I say or she might send my ass to the psych ward. So let me be careful with my choice of words.

" Umm, growing up I was an only child. In elementary and middle school I went to the best private school in New Orleans. I never really fit in there nor did I try to make friends cause everybody was too self entitled, bougie, and privileged." I said.

" So, you didn't have any friends or anyone you was close to growing up? Were you close with your parents?"

" My parents had jobs dat caused dem to work booku hours, so I would barely see em. My mom is an RN, and my dad owns a luxury car dealership. So, I would always be over my teedy house with my cuzzin Trey. I'm really close with my him. He introduced me to his friends Shy and Bezel. Then, I met my best friend Ashley one random day in his neighborhood, and after dat we all were inseparable."

" You said your parents worked a lot. Tell me how that affected your relationship with them."

" I didn't talk to em bout anything. Like, I wouldn't go to em fa advice or nun like dat. I really didn't have a close relationship with em like I have with em now. Whenever they would miss something important, they would just give me money or buy me expensive gifts to make up fa it. I mean I would take the gifts, but deep down I'd still be hurt by it." I said truthfully.

" Did you ever express to them how that made you feel?"

I shook my head no.

" And why not?"

" Cause I knew they loved me, and I loved them. I knew they were working to provide fa us. I just wished they had realized dat we were financially stable enough to the point were they could've took some time off, so we could spend time together like a normal family. Ya know?"

" How are they now?"

" Every since I had my son, and my wreck I can barely get em to leave me alone fa more than 5 minutes. They always in my face, but I wouldn't trade it fa nothing in the world. Cause my son getting to experience something I've neva got to experience with them. Which is time with them."

She began to write down on her notepad. I wonder what she writing down.

" So are you still friends with anybody from your childhood?" Veronica asked.

" Just only Ashley. Trey my cuzzin so of course we're close." I said.

" What about Shy and Bezel? Why did you guys friendship end?"

" Umm, Shy was killed when he was 19." I said as I cleared my throat.

" And Bezel?"

Omniscient POV

" He's alive, but he's dead to me." Caliana said coldly.

" Why is that? What happened between you two that makes you feel that way?" Veronica asked.

" Things that should've never happened. I regret ever running into him again. He should've just stayed as a person from my past. And I wouldn't be in the situation I'm in now."

Her therapist seen the anger, the hurt, the pain, and the fear in the young woman's eyes. She was scarred. Not just externally, but internally too. Her emotional scars where a lot deeper and unhealed then her physical ones.

Before she could ask her another question, the 30 minutes was up. Which Cali was glad because she's been ready to go.

" Well, Ms. Cartier, I'm glad you've actually made an effort to talk to me today. We're still getting comfortable with one another, but I enjoyed hearing you speak for the first time. I can't wait until our next session." Veronica smiled.

Caliana nodded her head as she grabbed her purse, and walked out of her office.

Veronica looked down at her notebook, and read over them:

• Stand off-ish
• Childhood trauma
• Abandonment issues from workaholic parents
• Maybe suffering from PTSD
• Other trauma as well, but what is the " ? "

" I can already tell she's going to be a difficult one, but I'm going to try my best to help that beautiful young lady that just walked out my door." Veronica said to herself as she closed her notebook.

Veronica Lawson was one of the best therapist, if not the best therapist in the whole state of Tennessee. Not to mention she was a black woman. So, if anyone could help Caliana through her trauma it was her. But the real question is will Caliana allow her to help her...

————————

So, Cali didn't talk in her first 2 therapy sessions😓! But she's made an effort this session. She told Veronica a lil bit about her childhood😌! She talked about how she met Shy nem☺️! Do y'all think this session is a start🤔? Do y'all think Veronica was patient with Cali and how do y'all feel about her😅?How y'all feel about this chapter🤯? Let me know in the comments😌! Make sure you vote it, comment, and follow me💯! Love y'all💞!

* These next therapy sessions will have flashbacks of Cali's life in New Orlean's so I hope y'all ready for the emotional roller coaster😊😘😂! *