The scent of old days

Trar, still firm in his position, angled his body in the direction of his house. The incandescent insects skimmed before them leaving a lustrous allure in the twilight. He threw his cigar, engraving it on the earth under his sluggish boots.

"My house? No. My dog isn't too excited to meet strangers." He answered with a slight curve of his lips which reached his pale cheeks.

"Oh..ok.." Zen mumbled overlooking the tulips.

"Good night, lad..lads." He said realizing there was another human in the garden. He scratched the coarse sand as he retreated to his house.

"A conversation, is that what I heard?" Scarlett hauled herself off the tulip garden, presently standing under the palm tree Zen was leaning on.

"What else did it sound like?" He pretended as if this was the first time getting rejected.

"A rat dying?" She chuckled sorely, "someone's angry!"

"I asked that silly Trar if I can play with his dog or at least step inside the house to inhale chunks of homeliness, perhaps heat my shivering body at the fireplace. He knows very little, Scar, very little! The perilous feeling of loneliness that I'm feeling is an emotion he will never know. I'm homesick and tired. This feeling of staying broken from my family is sickening! I promise I'll break into his house, get back what belongs to me! Before I leave this island I will leave traces of my life in that house. He will pay for his audacity to reject a lost person like me!" If it was not for the darkness, the world would have noticed his face growing red with fury.

"Zen! You have all rights to rage over the humans who smuggled you, but not over Trar. The reason for his rejection is too obvious. Nobody invites a stranger over to their house, not when it's almost midnight. I know we both are missing our families. The lingering smell of momma's food or that morning text from your friend. A glimpse of my past life is all that I long for too. You yearn to see your mates or maybe you are missing girls drool over your chiselled jawline, don't you miss your video games and those grand parties of the awful teenagers. I know you wish to see them all, feel the satisfaction of living your youth. But, do you know what I miss?"

"Of course I know. The one and only Ayden, your late sweetheart!"

"No." She said plainly.

"So you miss none I presume."

"I do! My little stories -the orphans of Plethora. They are my story, a tale unending, each written in unique styles. Wake me in the middle of one of my most intense sleep, I will name the fiercest, the wisest, the stoutest and the funniest.
Show me the way out of this violence, I will stumble into my orphans!"

"I don't believe one of those statements!"

"What?"

"You waking up from a deep sleep!"

"Ahh!"

"Orphans? I didn't know that." He was studying her face in the dark.

"You knew it at the right time! Zen, I showed them the fabulous world of dance, carried them off to a place where the poorest gets a taste of extravagance, where the weakest digs into their vivid stamina and the heartless crumbles like a portion of paper consumed by fire- the place of dance. Ahh!! How I wish to see them! It's not a week since I saw them, yet it feels like ages!..are you even listening to me, Zen? You get carried off so easily!"

Sudden moans from the oceans tapped them, reminding them it is too late to remain outdoors.

"Let's go back." She said standing on her feet, also wondering the reason behind his nonexistent state. "The cold is decaying me! Hurry up, Zen."