Itachiyama's Apothecary

(This chapter is the entirety of ao3's chapter six, have fun)

You unlocked the door to your apartment with one hand while your other one was occupied by a bag of groceries. You sighed as you set it on the kitchen counter, checking your phone right after, eyes widening when you saw your father's text.

I have a meeting near your place, so I'll be stopping by later.

You furrowed your brows and pursed your lips in thought. The message was from over an hour ago, when would later be?

That's when the shuffling of footsteps in your bedroom caught your attention. Quietly, you inched towards your room, tilting your head to the side to see if your father was the one in there. After all, he did have a key to your apartment—which you kept forgetting to ask back.

"Daddy?" you called in a low voice, still not seeing anyone.

"Someone called my name," a smooth voice replied, one which did not belong to your father.

When the Seijoh captain coolly stepped out of your room without a shirt on, you groaned, "Tooru, I thought my dad was in here. What are you doing here? Why didn't you call before you came over?"

He pouted, "Do I have to warn my girlfriend before I come to see her? She does live alone after all."

You glared at him with a scowl, "Yes! You do! Because my dad is going to be here any minute and if he sees a half-naked boy in my room he's going to go into cardiac arrest."

"Oh, come on," he drawled childishly as he stepped towards you. "I barely get to see you anymore." He whispered impishly while holding your hands in his, "We haven't had sex in two weeks."

You pried your hands back and rolled your eyes, "Oh no, what ever will you do?"

He exhaled at your sarcasm, "This is not a joke. I haven't seen you naked in two weeks and you're laughing."

You shoved him a bit, "You'll survive."

You turned around and headed back towards the kitchen to start putting away the groceries. Oikawa followed you and leaned against the counter while he watched you.

"Well?" Oikawa folded his arms. "You've barely been answering my calls and you haven't been coming underground as much."

You looked at him over your shoulder as you put away the eggs and milk, "Should I order food or make something simple?"

"Y/N," he said sternly.

"Take-out it is," you announced.

"Will you take me seriously?" he whined.

As you set some spices in a cupboard, you sighed, "You know my break has been over for a while now, right? I've been busy with work since classes started again, and I've been spending my free time either at home doing schoolwork or trying to get stuff done at HQ. I only have one more final, I should be good to go after that."

You managed to get into the police servers about a week ago, you and Kuroo were assigned together to work with Helix's forensic team to look over the evidence. Naturally, you had been a bit preoccupied with the sudden spike of work recently.

"Every day I had off I'd try spending with you," you looked at him sheepishly. "But I'm sorry I've just been busy and stuff."

He sighed, stepping closer to you till your lower back was pressed against the edge of the countertop. "How's the police server thing looking?"

Your expression drooped, "Kuroo and I are still ploughing through the records, so far it's just stuff we know and the reports of each dead body. Sato's report doesn't do us much good either."