Chapter 13

The fridge was filled to the brim with ice cream. Not just any ice cream, butterscotch ice cream. It tumbled out as soon as I opened the fridge.

"Who..?" I asked Caleb. He just grinned and shook his head, "Not me...Erick".

I nodded and took out two tubs of them We just sat there in the kitchen eating ice cream.

When I looked up I found Caleb staring at me.

"Do I have something on my face?"
"Yeah actually"

Caleb answered and wiped something off my face. I gave him a shy smile and got back to eating. I don't know if it was the way he was staring at me like I was the most precious thing in the world or how late at night it was or just because it was him and me alone.

He cupped my face in his big hands and pulled me closer. The temperature slowly rising and the night becoming more beautiful. He licked his lips and smirked at me.

His eyes held a spark I had never seen and his body felt hot to touch. Our lips finally crashed with full force. He kissed me like he was savoring every second and held me as I would soon disappear.

It seemed as if I was stuck in a trance. I finally kissed him back as I didn't want to leave him hanging and it felt quite nice.

I was nervous at first but he reassuringly rubbed my back and put his hands in my hair. It was......nice. There weren't any sparks between us.

The kiss felt nice and comforting but nothing like those kisses described in Wattpad and every other book I had read. The kisses which were supposed to make you forget where you were, the ones where you lost yourself and savored every moment of it.

The ones where you got butterflies all over your body. The ones where your toes curl up and your heart skips a beat.

It just felt warm and nice kissing him, it couldn't even compare to the sparks I felt around Erick. shit. What was I even doing?? I was about to pull back but I heard something drop.

"Erick"

Caleb muttered under his breath. I quickly leaned out of his embrace and turned to see Erick standing there with a blank expression on his face. Broken glass was lying around his feet. "Er-Erick" I stuttered but he just held his hand up to silence me.

The fire in his eyes which never seemed to extinguish had become dim and his eyes spoke it all even if his face didn't. He seemed dejected and broken when I saw him last before he walked out of the house quickly while Caleb and I just stood there awkwardly.

"We shouldn't have done that."

I finally spoke up after what seemed like ages.

"Athena...he'll get over it."

"I don't know Caleb..you should really go after him."

"He's a big boy, he can handle himself. Don't tell me you didn't feel any sparks"

"I didn't"

"Stop lying to yourself"

"I AM NOT LYING"

"YES YOU ARE"

"NO I AM NOT"

"SO YOU ARE TELLING ME YOU HATED IT?"

"THAT'S NOT WHAT I SAID"

At this point, we were both yelling and it woke Blair up. "What happened boo?" she asked me while rubbing her eyes.We both went to my room to discuss it and I finally broke down.

"Caleb and I got ice cream and then. Then he kissed me and I- I kissed him back. It was nice but I didn't feel anything special. When I was about to pull back Erick walked in on us." I cried out.

"I hurt him Blair"

I broke down even more. She just held me and comforted me while I let it all out. After I was done crying she asked me,
"Do you feel anything for Caleb Athena?"

"I don't know..."

"Do you feel anything for Erick...?"

"Kinda..."

"Boo you can figure it out with time but please don't hurt them both in the process."

"Yea..what do I do now tho?"

"Go get Erick babe"

I nodded and asked her to ask Caleb where Erick could be.

She returned with the keys to Caleb's car which he gave surprisingly quickly and told her that he had an idea where he could be.

"What are you waiting for? Let's go"
"Can you drive..?"
"Duhh, I learned a long time ago."

I nodded and got into the car. We finally reached outside the address which Caleb gave us. Surprise.No surprise. It was a bar.

It was hard to get in but I finally managed while Blair distracted the security. I didn't want to deal with Erick when he was drunk because what if he became violent...I shook these thoughts and tried to calm myself by taking deep breaths.

My eyes scanned the horizon looking for Erick. When I finally found him, it wasn't in his best state. He sat in a dark corner and looked like he had one too many drinks. His posture was slumped, his eyes glassy, he reeked of alcohol instead of his usual intoxicating scent and he had trouble picking up the glass.

I sighed and went up to him.

Before I could say anything Erick saw me and his eyes widened. A smile showed upon his face and he wiggled his eyebrows. I giggled at his antics.

"Are you an angelllllll?" he asked.

"Umm, Erick! It's me, Athena. We are gonna get you out of here. Okay?"

"ATHENA?" he yelled and a frown upturned on his beautiful features. "I am still mad at you" he muttered and pouted.

"I know Erick. I am sorry you had to see that."
"Can I get a kiss as welll??" he screamed happily.

What was happening? I definitely couldn't deal with his mood swings.

"You'll get one when you are sober okay? Let's go now"

"no-no. I WANT"

"Erickkk!"

"Yesss?"

"You'll get one when you are sober okay?"

"Ouch. You are being mean baby girl"

My cheeks turned a bright shade of red and I hushed him down. With the help of Blair AND the bodyguards who finally decided to help us, we carried Erick to the car.

He said his legs felt 'wobbly' and to be honest he couldn't even walk in a straight line.

He kept making stupid comments like, "Can we get a pupppyyyy?"
"I love the stars"
"I like my brother. WAIT. Does that mean I like guys? But I like Athenaaa."

When he said that I ignored the look Blair was giving me and blamed it on the alcohol. Before we could help him out of the car he said something which brought tears to my eyes.

A/N - What do you think he said?? Do you ship Athena with Erick or Caleb??Who should Athena choose?? I'll be updating soon so stay tuned for that. Please vote and comment if you enjoyed the chapter<3 Take care and stay safe :)

SHAWTY♡︎

xoxo