Chapter Eight: Scatter!

Firewhiskey burned down Freya Grey's throat and into her chest, warming her from the inside out. Post-O.W.L. exam parties were a right of passage at Hogwarts, and although Freya typically found no reason for these "experiences", she could not deny the fuzzy feeling in her brain was more than pleasant.

"WOOO!" Lily Evan's cheered, on her fourth shot.

Marlene leaned back on the Gryffindor sofa, drunkenly wrapping her arms around Lily's shoulders. "You know what? I don't even care. I probably failed most of those... I don't ev-en care. I'm so sexy."

"So sexy." Lily agreed, very seriously.

The Gryffindor common room was rather packed with mixes of the fifth, sixth, and seventh years mingling with various bottles of alcohol(had it not been for Madam Pomfrey their livers would have been completely destroyed by the time they graduated). Unlike the post-Quidditch parties where one half of Hogwarts is destroyed and the others cheered, post-exams were more so a heavy mix of emotions from everyone involved and several students making drunken pledges to become exotic dancers or escorts.

Music rather loudly blasting on the radio someone had brought and people from almost every house packed into the common room(other houses had parties too, but being at the highest or lowest point of Hogwarts while inebriated was never a good idea).

The curly-haired Slytherin was not planning on drinking too much, she'd never had stronger than wine her father used to let her sip. But even so, she downed cups with Lily, her prim nature oddly juxtaposing her rather relaxed face.

Suddenly, Lily became alert at the shift in song. "It's ABBA." Marlene began to sit up though she had no clue what she was sitting up about and Freya looked at Lily intensely. The redhead shook her head firmly. "We have to dance."

"We have to." Marlene seemed firmly locked on their new life or death mission and turned to Freya to join.

Now with this new compelling argument, Freya stood to her feet with the two girls beside her.

Hair let down from her bun, Freya swung her hips to ABBA with Lily as they jumped up. Apparently, this ABBA was desperately in need of male company.

Rather haphazardly, the three girls moved their limbs in uncoordinated jumbles, somewhat matching the rhythm other times completely missing it. Marlene swayed her arms above her head, and Freya enjoyed the swoosh of her skirt while Lily alternated between punching a ghost and hugging them while singing loudly and poorly.

Still, somehow this garnered some attention from two Hufflepuff boys and a Gryffindor one who attempted to grind their crotches on each of the girl's rears. Their advances were received rather poorly since all three ladies snapped at them.

"OI' FUCK OFF!" Marlene flared.

"PISS OFF, MATE!" Lily grumbled.

"AWAY!" Freya shooed with her hand.

Embarrassed by the lack of game, the three went off pretending they had never been rejected and suddenly became curious about joining the Slytherin party downstairs.

Once they moved away, the trio of girls began dancing again amongst the people there, even including a few more people from the party with them. Quite a few songs later, the music shifted to a sweet love ballad which made them hug each other and slow dance.

At one point, Lily started tearing up as she was certain she'd never find love. "I'm going to die an old maid."

"I'm not going anywhere in life," Marlene said mournfully.

Freya turned to them both firmly, lifting her head up from her shoulder. "No." Her near-black eyes were determined; no longer will they be sad. "I will get you food."