Side Story 1 | Modeus

[A Few Weeks Before The Main Story...]

The circle of Lust was slightly different to what people would expect. Most people thought that the circle of Lust was a place where the lusty were punished and endless orgies between the residents happened, but they were only half right. Lust was one of the more civilised circles, alongside Greed, Treachery and Anger. Demons in Lust had homes, jobs, families, everything that made them seem normal, though it fell short of being so by just a margin.

Large gusts of wind―strong enough to fling someone around like a ragdoll―blew around the circle at all times. If one looked close enough, they could see hundreds of mortal souls entrapped within the gusts that blew them across the skies over and over. It was because of the weather that most demons native to Lust had the capability of flight to get around. This also gave them access to the circle's only city, and the other reason why this circle could never be considered ordinary in the eyes of mortals.

Savaria, the floating city.

Savaria was a modern day metropolis that sat in the sky floating atop rocks and rubble, courtesy of Lucifer and Y/n's magical powers. A large bridge extended from the city, all the way to the entrance of the circle. This bridge was built so that other demons who couldn't fly could still access Savaria regardless.

Lust was also known for its huge mountains which enveloped the entirety of the circle's landmass. From a birds eye view, one could see the little houses and settlements that were built at the base and tops of the mountains all across the circle. And also, unlike Greed, Violence, Anger and Limbo, Lust wasn't red in colour. The mountains were covered in thin layered blankets of snow, and the skies were what you'd expect to find on Earth: Clear blue with clouds. If it weren't for the demons and the flying city, you wouldn't have been able to tell this was Hell.

Up in the clouds, in the middle of Savaria, a skyscraper oversaw everything. Cor Civitas was the name of this tower, and it had the pleasure of being the home of the Lusty demon Modeus.

Inside Cor Civitas, a demon woman laid on her bed, her naked and voluptuous body bared to their world with only a thin blanket semi-covering her. Demons of all kinds, men and woman, old and young, were strewn about the room and the faint smell of sex lingered in the air. All was quiet inside, the only noises that could be heard being the soft snores of her suitors and the pages of a book being turned. What was this book about you may ask? Why, none other than the most morally disgusting thing you could ever imagine.

And for all the people who read the foreword at the beginning of this book, no, it wasn't politics.

It was romance.

The demon woman turned a page, followed by a light pink dusting her cheeks. With a light squeal, she slammed the book shut and buried her face in the blankets with steam rising up from her head like a factory.

"So lewd...," she silently whispered into the sheets, not at all noticing the door to her room slowly opening up. The tapping sound of light footsteps snapped Modeus from her embarrassed squeaking. Peeping ever so slightly over the blanket covers, she was able to get a clear sight on who it was.

Caramine, one of her Wardens.

Caramine, the tempting demon, was a tall and curvaceous woman standing at seven foot one, with her luscious silver hair set in a perm. Her outfit of choice was a black sleeve thin chiffon blazer and a red dress shirt underneath that clung tightly to her bust, complemented by black pocket cropped tailored pants and plain black dress shoes. Her look was finished with one blazer sleeve rolled up to show off a silver watch on her left wrist and a black tie that hung loosely around her neck.