Chapter 20: ᴅᴇᴍᴏɴs

They say it's what you make, I say it's up to fate

It's woven in my soul, I need to let you go

Your eyes, they shine so bright, I wanna save that light

I can't escape this now, unless you show me how

"Demons": Imagine Dragons

Two weeks have passed since I went for the first time grocery shopping with my Angel

Two weeks have passed since I went for the first time grocery shopping with my Angel. The second time we went I remembered the chocolate cake we bought the first time and that she absolutely loved so I bought her another one. My excuse was that I was craving that cake. Bullshit, but she doesn't need to know it.

I got my bandages off last week and I feel a lot better. My poor Angel had to help me every time I had to shower or take my fucking t-shirt off. I was embarrassed at first. I didn't like to depend so much on people, but I did want to depend on her. It was my perfect excuse for her to touch me.

I was already deep in love with this woman. I did like women before but never loved one.

Yesterday I realized that what I felt for her was love. It might be a short time to say that but the more time I spend with her the more I want her in my life forever.

When I informed her yesterday that I'll go on a mission today, she respected that it was confidential information and didn't press to find out more. She asked if it was dangerous and when I confirmed it, she got very worried which made me feel like a dick.

"ZeZe, you promise to be careful and not get hurt? I don't want to experience something like that again!" She asked.

"I can't promise that Angel, but I'm gonna do my best to make sure I come back alive. I have someone waiting for me now" She blushed and hugged me in response.

I was addicted to her hugs. I did notice she took more initiative over the past weeks and even got bolder. I fucking loved that. I did realize that was her way of answering certain questions.

When she didn't know what to answer she often replied with a hug. And I fucking loved that. I always anticipated the next one like a fucking kid waiting to receive candy as a reward.

I was too whipped for my own good.

But a lot of things have me worried. The warehouse meeting was a trap set for Matthew but still a trap.

Another thing was Derek. He said it would be a week at the first meeting, but it ended with me waiting for a lot more.

When he contacted me again three days ago, I was nervous. Not because of the meeting but because of what I will see there.

Seeing where they keep the women and little girls they kidnap is terrifying no matter how many times I've seen it.

When I got to the meeting site, some of Derek's men were waiting for me. I got in their car and remained silent.