○ 18

"Who let me decide that taking advanced chemistry would be fun? The shit makes me want to kill myself," Karina spoke incredulously as she walked side by side next to Daeun and Mari.

The hallways this particular day were bright and sunny, the light from the sun beamed through the windows and filled the halls with a gentle warmth.

"I feel you, Tourism can actually suck my dick," Mari sighed as she ran a hand through her hair, untangling the knots that formed at the bottom.

"Girlies you gotta appreciate today, it's Thursday after all! Plus we have a party this weekend," Daeun said energetically, throwing her hands over each of the girls shoulders and bringing them in.

The two girls were always so perplexed at how the shorter girl always had so much energy at each passing moment.

"I guess you're right, you're coming Saturday aren't you Ma?" Karina asked as she escaped the arms of the girl beside her.

"Yeah, Jinyoung actually invited me," she mentioned and the two girls looked at her with wide eyes before they started nudging each other and oooing making Mari groan out in embarrassment as her ears started to burn a light red.

"Jinyoung~ isn't he Jeno's team mate?" Karina asked with wiggly eyebrows.

"Yeah that really tall cute one, dude what happened there? How'd you two become acquainted?" Daeun was bewildered with the news that her friend had been asked by their friends team mate instead of their friend.

"Guys stop he's just a friend," Mari said trying to stop their wondering minds.

"Mhm sure sure. Say that to your red ears," Karina said making Mari slap her hands to her ears.

"Okay but you two would make hot babies-"

"Daeun!" Mari said with wide eyes hitting her friend for saying that aloud.

"What? I'm just saying the truth- he's hot, you're a fucking goddess, it only makes sense," she said with raised hands and Karina agreed.

"You guys are annoying, I have a class to attend," the girl said turning down one of the hallways and the other two girls stood there yelling out to her.

"Bye hottie! Have fun in class!"
"Don't think too much about Jiny-"

"I'm not talking to you, bye!" Mari yelled back and raised her middle finger to them as she walked into her classroom.

"That girl is hopeless," Daeun said to Karina with the shake of her head, walking off to their own designated classes.

While on the other hand Mari slumped into her seat and dropped her head into her hands. Trying to cover the burning residing in her ears.

She had barely known the boy for a week yet she was feeling... flustered? Nah there was no way she was flustered, her friends are just embarrassing.

Her and him are only friends.

He had been there for her a lot this week despite them only being introduced on Monday, he was kind and when he found her in that hallway on Wednesday having a breakdown- he didn't judge.

He is cute- he is very cute. But he's just a frie-

"Okay class, I have an announcement," the teacher spoke bringing the girl out of thought and making her pull her head up slowly.

Begrudgingly taking her book and pens out as she began to listen to the teacher.

"As you are all aware, yesterday I told you about how we will be going to Jeju for our excursion now. This means that you get extra time to come up with some excellent questions that can be compared with two tourism models of your choice," the teacher began to explain and Mari's grip on her pen tightened a little at the sound of her old home.