CHAPTER FOUR

author's pov

"jungkook," taehyung started.

"taehyung, please." jungkook pleaded, his facial expression changing ready for rejection.

"i just-"

"taehyung, i'll help. i'll send you money every week or month?" jungkook suggested, in a pleasing tone.

"what makes you think we need your help now? i've coped fine for three years without you jungkook." taehyung fired back, somewhat upset thinking that jungkook thinks he can just sprout back into their lives.

"taehyung, please, like you said, i haven't been here for three years let me help you now." jungkook begged, taehyung rolled his eyes.

"i'll give you my number, don't think anything of it." taehyung finally came to a conclusion.

"soobin, let's leave." taehyung unlocked the stroller and said his final goodbyes, the two left the mall.

it's been two weeks since the three unexpectedly met and taehyung has been ignoring jungkooks calls and messages, it annoyed him how jungkook thinks everything is alright, like he didn't abandon taehyung years ago.

it was a friday afternoon, taehyung had just finished his long shift and arrived home fortunately for him soobin was staying with his grandparents.

he was resting until he heard an unfamiliar knock at the door, it may sound weird but taehyung was familiar with every knock at the door since he only had a few visitors.

"who is it?" taehyung called out, walking towards the door.

the person just knocked again, perplexing taehyung.

"it's me," the person sounded, startling taehyung.

he opened the door slightly, seeing a tall figure, he opened it wider.

"ugh, i thought i had the wrong address." the person chuckled.

"j-jungkook, who invited you?" taehyung asked annoyed, he didn't even give his address out.

"no one, you were just ignoring my calls, i thought something was wrong." jungkook said in a concerned tone.

taehyung would be lying if he said that didn't warm his heart, but he hadn't even explained to soobin that jungkook was his dad. he doesn't even think soobin would understand.

"there's nothing wrong jungkook, i've just been busy." taehyung sighed into his palm, jungkook nodded inviting himself in.

"nice place you've got here!" jungkook chirped, touching many ornaments.

"thank you..?"

"where's soobin?" jungkook asked, "with my mom and dad." taehyung quickly answered.

"so you get a break?" jungkook guessed, taehyung nodded.

"jungkook, can i ask why you're here?" taehyung sounded fed up and jungkook noticed.

"i'm just here to remind you that whenever you need me i'm going to be right here for you and soobin." he reassured taehyung who rolled his eyes.

"yeah right, where were you three years ago? huh?" taehyung sassed, leaning on the sofa.

"taehyung, i was young, i was under the influence of my toxic parents. they never let me see you, they constantly reminded me that i was too young. so they tried to erase the thought of my having a child— and eventually brainwashed me into thinking you aborted it." jungkook admitted, of course he had a sad, sappy story.

to one extent taehyung believed it because he knew about jungkooks strict parents, but the other part of him was so upset and disappointed that he didn't even make an effort to reach out.

"you guys were always a thought it the back of my brain." jungkook said with a shaky voice.

now after a couple hours of talking, taehyung decided to forgive the boy because being stuck-up was not going to fix anything.

they ended up having a long conversation, catching up with each other and things they've missed out on within these past couple years, using the nicknames 'tae' and 'kook' just like they did in the good ole' days.

"taehyung, it was so nice talking to you, i miss us." jungkook smiled sweetly, taehyung smiled back.

jungkook seemed sincere, and it made taehyungs heart soft.

"yeah, same. we've always had good chemistry." taehyung chuckled, something about jungkook, he has such an amazing charm.

taehyungs meant to be mad at him for negligence all those years, but somehow he's come into taehyungs house and all of a sudden taehyung has forgiven him.

"taehyung, it may be too early to ask this but let me take you out, i want to revive what we once had." jungkook added, with a cheeky smile.

"tomorrow at 8pm," jungkook started, "i'll pick you up, wear something pretty— like a dress." jungkook ended.

taehyung nodded, he didn't even agree to the 'date' but he was already getting picked up at 8pm tomorrow so he just let it be.

"see you tomorrow, tae."

"take care, kook."

the door closed behind jungkook and taehyung sighed, "what an evening."

▫️
why are we going so fast🖕🖕