Chapter 18

The minute Sykkuno walked into the karaoke place, he was attacked by his friends, after about 5 minutes of 'i missed you's' and 'glad you're back's', Sykkuno sat down with his friends on the metal stools as they looked towards the large stage in the middle of the room. Sykkuno cringed at the sound of two girls completely butchering 'Hit me baby one more time' by Btitney Spears. He laughed as Peter pretended to lip-sync with them.

"Don't be mean!!" Sykkuno playfully slapped Peter's arm, causing him to throw his head back as he laughed.
"We're on the list next!" Bret laughed.
"We who??!" Sykkuno's eyes widened as he saw Bret, Rae and Jodi smirk.
"Guys!!" Sykkuno yelled, "I can't, I'm still sick!"
"The way you just yelled, tells me otherwise!" Bret said, poking Sykkuno's cheek as he got up, running towards the stage, "get him!!" he yelled at Jodi as she intertwined her hand with Rae's and ran up to the stage.

"Next up: Bret, Rae, Jodi and Sykkuno singing Mamma Mia by ABBA"

"NO!!" Sykkuno yelled as they forced him onto the stage.

"I was cheated by you and I think you know when" Bret started, "So I made up my mind, it must come to an end," *well that's fitting*, Sykkuno thought to himself. Rae picked up the line where Bret left off, "Look at me now, will I ever learn?" She stepped aside for Jodi to sing, "I don't know how, but I suddenly lose control, there's a fire within my soul!" Bret seemed to notice how quiet Sykkuno was and subtly pulled him closer to join them.

As Bret started to jump around with Jodi and Rae, Sykkuno heard all three of them start singing the chorus and as he started getting more comfortable, he started singing as well, jumping along with them. The 2 boys and 2 girls goofing off as they sang. As the first chorus ended, Rae pushed Sykkuno forwards to take the solo, and he found that he was actually happy to do it.

"Yes, I've been broken hearted, blue since the day we parted." For the first time in far too long, Sykkuno let himself go, enjoying the song and the moment with their friends. He looked for the others in the audience, just as the unfortunate line came about, "Why, why, did I ever let you go?" He faltered for a moment, looking at Corpse. *Why did he always let him go?*. Luckily, the girls and Bret were there to cover for him and he quickly recovered to join in with them again, looking away from Corpse and trying to shut him out of his mind entirely.

"Mamma Mia!! Now I really know!! My my I shouldn't have let you go!" They all screamed, laughing and ending the song with all of them almost falling off the stage. In a group hug.

Corpse watched as all four of them hugged each other, his focus staying on him and only him.

"You're staring" Corpse heard Jack say from beside him.

Corpse's eyes widened as he turned to him, "Wha- no. No, I'm not!"

"Yes, yes, you were." John mumbled, as he took a sip form his drink before laying it down to hug Jodi who went to sit down beside him. Corpse was about to say something before he felt a hand on his shoulder, "You were what?" Sykkuno asked.

"Nothing!" Corpse said, jumping out of him seat, "I'm just going to go get some food for us."

"I'll help" Sy smiled, causing the group to let out multiple oohs and ahhs that made both of their cheeks heat up dramatically. Sykkuno looked back and saw them all smirk. He threw them a glare as he walked away with Corpse who was equally embarassed.

"I hate them." Corpse laughed as they made their way to the concession stand.

"Me too." Sykkuno spoke, watching as Corpse ordered, his phone began to ring, he pulled it out and looked down to see that Mark called him, he scrolled to send him a simple 'talk to you later'