Prologue

It is raining heavily outside. A tall man with broad shoulders, wearing a navy blue shirt, stands in front of the glass windows with his hands in his pockets. He keeps looking at the falling droplets of rain.

In the social jungle of human existence, there is no feeling of being alive without a sense of identity.(Erik Erikson)

Identity. What are we without any identity? No one. We all are just faces lost in the crowd.
Shakespeare in his play had asked What's in a name?
But the truth is everything is in the name. I learnt in these years the importance of our name.

The moment we are born, we are given a denomination. And we carry it even after we die.

I had lived three years of my life without one. For three long years I was a lost man. My life was a blank slate and I didn't know what to write on it. I was restless, trying to find something that belonged to me. But I found nothing.
Not my parents but some strangers had some pity and gave me one.

Then one fine day I found it. I found my own people and I found the most precious thing, my identity. When I got back that I was so desperately searching, it was snatched away from me. I was denied my right over everything that was originally mine.
It has been over a year now that I have been fighting to get it back.

Funny isn't it? The name that my parents gave to me, the one I was known for my whole life, was suddenly not mine. It was taken away and I was called a liar, a cheater, a con man. And I was forced to get into this fight to get what is mine. No, not my property, my business or my house. But my name.

No one but the court will decide my fate. Actually it will decide who I am. And I have to live my rest of my life with that. No matter how wrong it might be, I won't have any say in it.

Today is the day I will know who I am. Today I will get to know what I will be known for the rest of my life.
Will the world know me as Sidharth Sourav Dewan or a fraudster Ratan Kumar?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is the sneak peek into the new story. Tell me how it is? Interested to know the story?
Find out more in the next chapter..
Love..