57. Choices

Cosette's head was resting on George's shoulder, her face buried into the crook of his neck as her breathing started to steady. She lightly twisted her finger around the strands of hair on the back of his neck and George could feel her eyelashes flutter against his skin as she closed her eyes.

George chuckled against her ear, "Setty, you can't fall asleep with me still inside you."

"Shh," she whispered as he laughed again. George kissed the spot right below her ear and Cosette hummed happily to herself, desperate to stay in this moment for as long as she could.

"Come on love. We can't stay in here all night." George said, giving her side a faint squeeze. He craned his neck to look around for a towel, hoping that maybe Cosette didn't forget to bring one out and was pleasantly surprised when he saw one folded up a few feet away. He reached his arm out and managed to snag the corner of it.

"I don't want to get up," Cosette told him, but his hand on her waist was already lifting her up and off of him slowly. George held the towel out for her and with a pout, Cosette reluctantly, stepped out of the hot tub. George turned his head, his eyes wandering up the curves of her body before she wrapped the towel around herself.

George collected the pieces that they had stripped off and were still floating in the corner as Cosette went inside and grabbed a second towel for him. When she came back out, George was just stepping out of the hot tub. He dropped the soaking wet items onto the railing of the deck before taking the towel and wrapping it around his lower body.

As soon as it was secured around his waist, George wrapped his fingers around Cosette's wrist and pulled her towards him, his other hand lightly resting under her jaw as he tilted her face upwards.

The ends of her hair were damp and falling in tangled waves over her shoulders. George's eyes went to the two marks on her skin that he had left. One on her neck and one on her collarbone. He knew that as soon as they got dressed she would most likely ask him to get rid of them to avoid being questioned by their friends.

That just meant George was going to have to start leaving these marks in places that only he could see.

When Cosette shivered at a gust of wind coming in from the west, George nodded his head towards the door, gesturing for her to go inside.

"Where'd you put my wand?" George asked her, leaning against the doorframe when she was back inside the cabin. He could use magic to dry off their clothes but he couldn't necessarily do that without his wand.

Cosette stopped in her tracks and started to scan over the cabin.

"Setty," George narrowed her eyes. "Did you lose my wand?"

"No, no," she shook her head, but that wasn't enough to convince George. "No, I hid it. I just need a second to remember where."

Cosette scanned over the living room, her eyes trailing from the coffee table to the bookshelf to the windowsill, trying to recall where she put not just his wand but hers as well.

She squealed when she felt George's arms wrap around her waist and Cosette leaned her head up enough for him to kiss her cheek.

"Sometimes I wonder how you've made it this far in life," George teased her, trying to think of where she might have put it. "Did you actually hide it?"

"Well I wanted to put it somewhere out of plain sight in case you were still angry or cursed when the charms wore off," Cosette stepped out of George's hold and secured the towel around her before heading towards the kitchen. She started opening up different cupboards and drawers but her face lit up the second she opened the fridge.