Thunderstorm

youll be right in the chapter if you play the video^^

It was a rainy night at Republic City, Katara was at her home on Air Temple Island, the sweetest music was coming out of the radio when a lightining bolt came down from the sky and 2 year old Kya let out a little scream that said "MOMMY" Katara ran to her daughter and once she placed 2 months old Tenzin in his crib, she hugged her "Kya, dont worry Im here, its okay" "its so...loud" "I know sweetie but itll be over soon..."

she picked up her daughter and made her sat on her bed "you know Kya, I dont like storms either but my mom used to tell me a story" the girls eyes widened as she got closer to Kataras embrace "A long time ago...in the Southern Water Tribe there was a beautiful princess with chocolate shiny skin like yours"
the little girl giggled as her mother kissed her nose playfully "...one day, when she was walking outside of her big palace, a boy on the streets saw her and immediately fell in love with her, she suddenly felt the same...time passed and the love between them only grew since the day they both kissed eachother, the princess felt electricity down her back and her heart beated hard...the awesome feel didnt last long thought cause the princesses mother saw her and locked her in the castle forever cause that boy wasnt enough for her...years later the princess got married to a mean king that wanted her fortune" "what!? b-but she loved the boy" "its not over yet sweetie...legend says that the two lovers found eachother in the sky once they died and now, everytime they kiss, the princess feels electricity and causes the litghtning to fell from the sky"

Kya suddenly turned her head towards the window and looked at the storm in awe "its beautiful mama" "I know right?" Katara smiled lovingly at her daughter "come here, time to sleep" she said getting up from her daughters bed "awww but then what happened to the mean King??" "Ill tell you tomorrow, now come here" the girl immediately covered herself with the warm blanket "when I grow up Ill find a beautiful princess and- and Ill marry her and kiss her and then well be the queens of the souther water tribe!" said the girl smiling, her eyes sparkling, Katara froze for just a moment but gave her daughter the goodnight kiss "Im sure you will sweetie" "mommy" "what is it?" "where is the southern water tribe?" at this it hit her none of her children had ever been at her homeland...at the South Pole "moooomy??" "umm its very far from here, now sleep" the girl closed her eyes and smiled at her mother.

Kya fell asleep with no time, so did Tenzin...Bumi was in his room and sleeping, she was alone during a storm...the door suddenly opened to reveal a soaking wet Aang "sweetie!" she whispered-shouted hugging him "sorry- the meeting took more than expected and-"
"shh" she closed her eyes as she smelt her scent "I thought you were asleep" said he kissing her cheek as she released him from the hug
"i couldnt sleep with the storm and the bed empty..."
"ugh sorry for being so late it wont happen again-"
"stop apologising, im just glad youre here now"
"me too"

they were now in bed, all was dark...Katara couldnt sleep...the thought of Kya not knowing what the southern water tribe was made her heart ache...all her children were a part of it...or maybe they werent? maybe shes been avoiding her origins for too long, she rubbed her temples...lighting fell off the sky again, the storm deepened and so did her thoughts...Katara loved rain, she could sense every little plant breath, the water flow...it was relaxing but lightning wasnt...even since Aabg was shoot she hated it, she enjoyed rain though and tonight was beautiful, the full moon glowed in the dark as the drops fell with hurry yet slowly on the ground, she wanted so bad to come out to feel the water on her body, to fill her lungs with air...that humid fresh air that only the rain could bring, she closed her eyes...she felt the rain flow outside harder...without thinking at all she got out of bed, picked her night robe and put it on...making her way to the door.

She was outside...finally outside, water all around her...she didnt bother to waterbent the rain that fell on her, she let it embrace her like a hug...she felt alive, she felt at home. Home...she missed home, every single day, but she loved her children and they had a life here...so did her and Aang, a little trip cant be bad tho...ugh what was she thinking...the council needs Aang and her here in Republic City...she sat on the stairs out if the door, sensing every drop that hit her body, just rubbing her temples and relaxing, trying to make the nostalgia go away.

Aang woke up in the middle of the night for a thunder, the rain was still crushing on he ground...he grew worried when he felt that Kataras side of bed was empty, he immediately got up and pressed hia foot on the ground...she was outside, he picked his night robe and once he jumped into ut he ran outside, to see...

Katara...covered in water, with her eyes closed listening to the rain "sweet-" he began calling her, she was going to catch a cold "shhh" she cut him off, he sheepishly made his way near her and sat down, her eyes still closed...she suddenly spoke "dont you feel every drop landing and slowly embracing its new form? its amazing and mesmerising" a peacefully smile appearing on her lips "I- um" "listen closely pupil Aang, feel the change of the water, its flowing...the push and pull" Aang closed his eyes and concentrate, trying to feel the water, the rain crushing became the rain flowing...it was amazing "mhh...this is so familiar and like...home" said Katara, Aang opened his eyes "sweetie..." "mh?" "do you miss home?"

Kataras eyes opened immediately "I- I mean...yeah, but its okay I know we-"
"then we should make a little vacation at the south...Hakoda doesnt see his grankids for too long" "r-really?" "yeah, its normal that your nostalgic or homesick, its your home" he placed his arm around her shoulders, she melted in his touch, she closed her eyes again and began listening to the rain again "thank you" she immediately fell asleep, giving an happy sigh to her husband, who, once he was sure that she was sleeping carried her back to their bed, feeling eachothers warmth, they peacefully passed the night.

!please read!

A/N: ok so, Im REALLY proud of this...I passed the whole afternoon searching for information on thunderstorms legends...the Eskimeses ones so that they could nearly apply to the southern water tribe, then I made up a story on my own that could make the thunders look beautiful and not scary...THEN for the part where Katara thinks in the dark with the rain and when she stays under the rain, I shot off ALL the lights in my house and listened to 1 hour of english thunderstorm to feel what she was feeling...now, PRESS THAT LITTLE STAR, please. Hope u enjoyed this chapter...Ill make a part 2 of this if yall want to :)) please leave a comment if ur reading this...a feedback, a heart, anything. ty <3